Fans forum.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I’d like the rugby to be at BP

One example:

Brentford FC share their pitch with London Irish Rugby Union. 

Given that it’s a relatively new stadium and the Bees are in the Premier League, I imagine it is a far higher quality surface and costs a HUGE amount to install/maintain.

Have we got that sort of money? Maybe the council announcement this coming Wednesday will include financial support? 

I think the only 2 questions Id ask are 

1. What is the current situation with the ownership of Boundary Park and what are the future plans for the site.

2. What's the long term football strategy imparticularly things like recruitment both in the short term (summer recruitment) and long term how long can the club be financed for.

On 3/11/2023 at 8:44 AM, TheBigDog said:

One example:

Brentford FC share their pitch with London Irish Rugby Union. 

Given that it’s a relatively new stadium and the Bees are in the Premier League, I imagine it is a far higher quality surface and costs a HUGE amount to install/maintain.

Have we got that sort of money? Maybe the council announcement this coming Wednesday will include financial support? 

part if EFL reform was for non-league clubs to have "plastic/G"  pitches in order to generate income for clubs.

Additionally if promoted, allowed to keep them for X seasons afterwards too.

Added, as part of StadiumParc32 research. Majority of  "pitches" in the borough are not upto standard for general public use. This includes clayton, futsal and Chapel training pitch. There is or was funding allocate for Oldham to improve all facilities a few years back. Unsure if it was all used though.

17 hours ago, disjointed said:

Opening date of the council run bowling greens. 

ooo interesting. I know the twitter feed had OCL on it with a halloween style cartoon.

Think Lee Sinnott thinks it could be a running event?

hmmm

22 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Roughyeds supporters expecting a return to BP will be part of the announcement.

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/377675-big-announcement/

If the Rugby coming to BP is the price we pay for getting Boundary Park back then its a price I'd be more than willing to pay. Just aslong as they make a "fair" contribution to the upkeep of the pitch and the stadium.

Archived