Fans forum.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I'll think about that if and when the current board sanctions pursuing a controversial legal case.  I'm not interested in council processes, enough other people around to scrutinise those.  You really do seem to hate the club.

Only interested in conflicts that suit your argument

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Only interested in conflicts that suit your argument

No, wrong.  I know a lot about managing conflicts in commercial organisations.  I know virtuallly nothing about the subject in the public sector.  You know what they say - 'A little knowledge is a dangerous thing'

3 hours ago, PeteG said:

Why don't you look at the current solicitor on the current board whilst you are it? Or the councils business ambassador receiving a grant from the council without what appears to be the appropriate scrutiny.

What's the appropriate scrutiny?

4 hours ago, PeteG said:

Why don't you look at the current solicitor on the current board whilst you are it? Or the councils business ambassador receiving a grant from the council without what appears to be the appropriate scrutiny.

You're all into scrutiny when it suits you, aren't you 'Pete'?

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I'll think about that if and when the current board sanctions pursuing a controversial legal case.  I'm not interested in council processes, enough other people around to scrutinise those.  You really do seem to hate the club.

To be fair if the whole of Oldham's fanbase thought I was nothing other than Barry Owen's little lapdog (a tag that is not going to wash off in a hurry).  I can't say I'd particularly like Oldham Athletic either.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

To be fair if the whole of Oldham's fanbase thought I was nothing other than Barry Owen's little lapdog (a tag that is not going to wash off in a hurry).  I can't say I'd particularly like Oldham Athletic either.

everyone knows you aren’t Neil Joy

the other guy is obvious 

On 3/27/2023 at 6:25 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

What if those take their own time to go dare ask their own questions? Bastards. Who do they think they are.

Undemocratic in what respect? That it's open to absolutely anyone???

Have you emailed the club with a question? Oh, best not go down that avenue actually.

What if 100 people who can't go pose a question. Should those taking the time out to attend in person miss out asking their question because someone else sat at home/work/abroad wants their question asked? Who decides which question is better? Maybe they should collate all questions and put them to a vote with a mail in option for those not on twitter?

At our club the main organisations are asked to put their questions in seven days beforehand. The SLO then collates and brigades questions. 

Our Trust invites Members to either put questions in direct or through us (the latter gives us an insight into what is on people's minds, and a way of following up anything not asked at the formal meeting).

What you tend to get from this is a lot of structure, but less spontaneity. Do it the other way round and it is a bit of a free for all. In a perfect world, clubs will do both, and other stuff besides.

51 minutes ago, PeteG said:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04989487/filing-history

Pity this wasn't announced prior to the forum last night. Seems the club is now in debt to Groco to the tune of 5.1 million 

You're the equivalent of some 18 year old lad in a bar chatting a girl up. When she knocks you back you say "didn't fancy her anyway, she was ugly" then cry your way home in a taxi

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04989487/filing-history

Pity this wasn't announced prior to the forum last night. Seems the club is now in debt to Groco to the tune of 5.1 million 

Is that pulling plant noise, the sound of someone trying to clutch at straws! It's funny how you're on here spouting about this and Uncle Knobhead is doing exactly the same thing on Twitter.

Just both go and enjoy life. Cheer the club as supporters. Maybe go and feed the ducks in the park or something. Your days of relevancy are long gone.

Darren answered a question about the seats by the tunnel, alluding to an 

offer from a supporter to re-design the area where our subs sit, and around the technical area pitch side.

Season ticket holders who currently occupying ‘these’ seats (as yet unidentified) will receive a letter in this respect, but Darren stopped short of expand further on this.

Please, Is anyone genuinely in the know with the detail of these plans? Thanks. 

7 hours ago, PeteG said:

Instead of trying to find something dodgy about our new owners, have considered searching for a new club to support instead, or perhaps searching for a life?

9 hours ago, PeteG said:

Uncle kn0bhead/Barry the Hut and his minions, the misogynistic & bigoted Kev Kev Binks and the pathetic Mike Halliwell who tried to hide behind this account, simply don't understand the difference between a loan from a 3rd party and funds being made available by the owner. We'll explain the difference on the pod this weekend.

38 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Uncle kn0bhead/Barry the Hut and his minions, the misogynistic & bigoted Kev Kev Binks and the pathetic Mike Halliwell who tried to hide behind this account, simply don't understand the difference between a loan from a 3rd party and funds being made available by the owner. We'll explain the difference on the pod this weekend.

I'll fast forward to the football bit again then...

37 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Could you also desist with the insulting names you bandy around? It smacks of kids in a playground. It does you no favours and merely drags you down to their level.

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Watched the forum last night.

I have to say, I’m not Unsworth’s biggest fan on the pitch. But I thought he came across really well last night. 

Has there been a manager who hasn't come across well in a fans forum? Dickov, Johnson, Kelly, Wellens, Wild, Maamria and Curle all had me sucked in at one point. And all ended up mediocre at best...

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Has there been a manager who hasn't come across well in a fans forum? Dickov, Johnson, Kelly, Wellens, Wild, Maamria and Curle all had me sucked in at one point. And all ended up mediocre at best...

Apologies to Johnson. He was good...

8 hours ago, hollandspies said:

Darren answered a question about the seats by the tunnel, alluding to an 

offer from a supporter to re-design the area where our subs sit, and around the technical area pitch side.

Season ticket holders who currently occupying ‘these’ seats (as yet unidentified) will receive a letter in this respect, but Darren stopped short of expand further on this.

Please, Is anyone genuinely in the know with the detail of these plans? Thanks. 

Don't know anything about the proposals but I have thought for a while that we would be better off taking that small block of seats out between the bench and the dugout at the back of the paddock and just having that as the bench subs area. Will probably be a help for the coaches in the technical area 

Archived