MATCH: Altrincham (H) 07/04/23

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Yep. But why is this considered a "narrative"? It's clear to anyone with eyes, surely?

Because a narrative is a continuing set of statements - and that includes the stated beliefs of your folk with eyes. 
It doesn’t have a negative or positive attribute, it is what it is. 
You seem to think that a narrative can’t be true . It can be. 

2 hours ago, OLDHAMFAN2148 said:

"I am sick of enthusiasm being evaporated by shit tactics and gutless performance."

Well put. It's probably one of the most infuriating parts about games like yesterday. We're sitting comfortably in the bottom half of the league table, we'd just been hammered and embarrassed at Wrexham, yet near 7000 fans still show up.

It was a carnival-type atmosphere when we were 2-0 up and it felt like we might be getting some reward for our continued support. But no, our chips are pissed on, again.

And listen to his post match  talk.

Same old.....and yet again not a single criticism of himself.Seems in every game he is blameless.He does not cut the mustard with me stroking his beard and blaming others albeit our players  should see a game out. Didnt Unsworth  say he would use the last few games out to show our fans what he and the team can do,or domething like that?The early season promise  has largely been  eroded .Hopefully  some good signings will get that positive feeling back to BP again

58 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

And listen to his post match  talk.

Same old.....and yet again not a single criticism of himself.Seems in every game he is blameless.He does not cut the mustard with me stroking his beard and blaming others albeit our players  should see a game out. Didnt Unsworth  say he would use the last few games out to show our fans what he and the team can do,or domething like that?The early season promise  has largely been  eroded .Hopefully  some good signings will get that positive feeling back to BP again

The Oldham Times quoted him as saying the aim was to be unbeaten for the rest of the season.  "Unbeaten," tells you everything about his ambition and mindset.

40 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

The Oldham Times quoted him as saying the aim was to be unbeaten for the rest of the season.  "Unbeaten," tells you everything about his ambition and mindset.

Like that season Arsenal went unbeaten in the prem. The negative bastards

2 hours ago, frizzell54 said:

Yes, “unbeaten” not let’s go out and win as many as we can. He knows we’re barely capable that’s why 

8 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Yes, “unbeaten” not let’s go out and win as many as we can. He knows we’re barely capable that’s why 

He will be extstatic with a draw at Scunthorpe.

I don't think there's much defence of him left, is there?

What's the best Unsworth game we've had?

If we're saying it's just the good stuff going on at the club that'll carry him through, we need someone more deserving..

17 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I don't think there's much defence of him left, is there?

What's the best Unsworth game we've had?

If we're saying it's just the good stuff going on at the club that'll carry him through, we need someone more deserving..

His last one

I was sat right in front of the two commentators from Alty and was talking to them at ht.

Interesting comments including how good one of the Latics players was but “a really horrible human being”.  
A bit ott from the reason he gave for the statement ( verbal abuse of Alty players when with another club) but certainly genuinely felt . 

1 minute ago, LaticsPete said:

I was sat right in front of the two commentators from Alty and was talking to them at ht.

Interesting comments including how good one of the Latics players was but “a really horrible human being”.  
A bit ott from the reason he gave for the statement ( verbal abuse of Alty players when with another club) but certainly genuinely felt . 

That would be Alex Reid who has history with them apparently.

2 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Reid?

• Bender unfeatured this topic

Archived