MATCH: Altrincham (H) 07/04/23

38 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Terrible finish, 10 men 2 up at home and can’t win. Not first time. Players need to take a fair bit but Unsy just can’t get the results. Bored of watching his sides fuck up over and over. Also Halifax beating Wrexham just puts into perspective last weeks effort, and shows everyone giving it they are too good last week that no one is too good to be given a good game in the league. We are just piss poor and I still have zero hope he’s the man to get us up 

Sums up most of the season.Cant defend a 2 goal lead v 10 men with 10 mins left of normal time and this manager was a defender ffs

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Performance was OK.

However, Nuttall gave Gandalf his catchphrase...

Thou shall not pass!

Absolutely woeful.

Speculative goal from Alty Gave them momentum after being dominated. Typical sending off response; suddenly worldbeaters. Credit to them.

Both commentary and video were shocking. Camera was also awful.

I have excellent broadband here and the camera was continually blurry.

Roy stuttered. Roy whinged. Roy made absolutely no sense whatsoever. I could do a much better job remotely.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Reid back so we have at least one competent striker on the pitch and Norman back in place of the keeper with no hands who won a raffle and started the last two games.

Imagine Nuttall missed the two chances Reid did. Not a mention of it though

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

Imagine Nuttall missed the two chances Reid did. Not a mention of it though

Nuttall wouldn't have been there to miss the chances.  He was very lucky with the goal as he fluffed it. 

Shelton's passing is woeful. Sutton's decision making is terrible. Sheron quality again. Why for the second home game on the trot have we stopped giving Green the ball in the second half after he has bossed first half? That's on the players for me today. Sick of seeing Shelton hoof balls into the air, no composure at all that lad. 

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Another goal that doesn't really count for him. Stick it in with the penalties 

The guy is woeful.  I don't care if he takes penalties or not his all round game doesn't warrent the money we have paid for him. 

Both York and Halifax [who have a game in hand] have gone above Latics and Torquay won to cut the deficit by two points to eight. I still maintain they ain't out of the woods yet because as we have seen today, other teams have pulled off wins against the top teams and Latics are shit.

Lose at Scunny and it could be fingers crossed time again. We need to win and Torquay need to lose at Maidenhead. It's not over yet.

Only the manager to blame for this today…. Tactics 

playing against 10 men they get a corner we  bring EVERYONE back to defend == goal then goes 1 up front against 10 men … another corner same again EVERYONE back to defend against the 10 men spooky another goal 2-2 …

going nowhere next season or ever with this guy in charge FACT ….

The only players I would build on from this season would be Norman, Yarney, Rooney, Reid and Nuttall. The rest can go or some of them be squad players for me. This is not all on Unsworth I would say at least 90% of the blame was on the players that were still on the field after Reid and Nuttall went off.

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Both York and Halifax [who have a game in hand] have gone above Latics and Torquay won to cut the deficit by two points to eight. I still maintain they ain't out of the woods yet because as we have seen today, other teams have pulled off wins against the top teams and Latics are shit.

Lose at Scunny and it could be fingers crossed time again. We need to win and Torquay need to lose at Maidenhead. It's not over yet.

Yep, we seem desperate to be in another relegation scrap. 
Ive seen some poor sides this season but they took the biscuit and they still  stole a point. Awful 

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

If they take 10 more points than us in 5 games then we'll deserve to be relegated.

It isn't going to happen though.

Well that was just fucking typical Latics. Sick of it.

Performance was OK, and just OK. Started the game positively and looked fairly bright, still without working their keeper enough. 
Baffled why we stopped passing to Green in the 2nd half who had their LB on toast throughout the 1st half. 
Altrincham were woeful, and until they scored a worldie Norman didn’t have a thing to do. As soon as the corner was given it was completely inevitable they would score.

Ref was shite as well, for both teams, very very picky and it stopped any sort of flow within the game.

A million miles off challenging. 

What really irked about today's performance was the total lack of urgency from goalkeeper right through to the ballboys.

Altrincham were crap except for the last quarter of an hour and yet we didn't manage to put them under much pressure and kill the match off. We're too busy time-wasting and making stupid fouls instead of doing the really professional thing of scoring a few goals and putting the match out of reach.

Unsworth must take plenty of blame for the team's inertia but the players are equally culpable, lacking any drive to go forward positively and, God forbid, entertain.

If I was Captain of or a senior pro on that team I'd be ashamed at the lack of enthusiasm and drive they showed.

11 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

The only players I would build on from this season would be Norman, Yarney, Rooney, Reid and Nuttall. The rest can go or some of them be squad players for me. This is not all on Unsworth I would say at least 90% of the blame was on the players that were still on the field after Reid and Nuttall went off.

I'd add Green to that. Was good again today when given the ball. Kitching is a good player as well, not getting a better LB than him. Sheron missing off your list as well?

That today worried me more than Wrexham last week. It's one thing to get pumped by a team who are unbeaten at home all season and are already on 100 points. But to draw when you are 2 up against a team down to ten men who apart from abit of shithousery were playing like they had already gone on holiday is criminal. Its really poor game management, then again how do you control the game when you can't put 2 passes together. If Shelton and Sheron are out starting midfield next season then Unsworth will be sacked, before Halloween.

Time for a stiff drink. 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

That today worried me more than Wrexham last week. It's one thing to get pumped by a team who are unbeaten at home all season and are already on 100 points. But to draw when you are 2 up against a team down to ten men who apart from abit of shithousery were playing like they had already gone on holiday is criminal. Its really poor game management, then again how do you control the game when you can't put 2 passes together. If Shelton and Sheron are out starting midfield next season then Unsworth will be sacked, before Halloween.

Time for a stiff drink. 

Sheron is fine. Shelton is poor. 

30 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'd add Green to that. Was good again today when given the ball. Kitching is a good player as well, not getting a better LB than him. Sheron missing off your list as well?

I umed and ard about Kitching. He would be for me close to the starting 11 but not all the time, he faded in the second half. As for Green he had cracking first half but faded second half, that was more down to the lack of service to him. I'd have him as in around the starting 11 but not a regular. I would have disagree about Sheron squad player at best. We need a proper no nonsense defensive midfielder. I hope the priority of those 9 target's are a proper right back and defensive midfielder. Definitely someone with a long throw. I am now for giving Unsworth the summer squad build, preseason and probably the first 10-15 games.

37 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Time for a stiff drink. 

You'll be wise to keep the bottle to hand after that

Archived