• Sell/Release
  8. 8. Vani Da Silva

• Keep
    • Sell/Release
  9. 9. Joe Nuttall

• Keep
    • Sell/Release

Who put keep for Da Silva? 😂 

Seems most are unanimous so far, with Fondop and Hope splitting some opinions so far. Personally i’d release Hope, but I think he’ll be offered nee terms. Fondop is under contract so for me he’ll be here.

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Fondop would be a third choice striker who actually scores goals.  Why anyone would want to get rid, I'm not sure.

He can't be trusted which is quite a big problem in a team game, I was torn, he's the type of player in 10 years or so who will look back and think why the fuck couldn't I apply myself and fulfil my potential, he's so much better than the level he's at but appears to not want to learn. Should be 20+ easy at this level.

Will we try and sign Sambou? I don't think we should but it may happen.

Keep Nuttall Reid and Fondop for me but if we sign someone upfront on top of that, then we don't want a centre forward who can just do a job you need a centre fireworks who's going to score 25 and particularly in big games and get you promoted. This needs to be basis of the recruitment this summer Is this player going to get us promoted?

I also think that if we build the side correctly and start getting control in games and creating more chances then Alex Reid could well bag 20 plus anyway certainly if he stays fit.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I also think that if we build the side correctly and start getting control in games and creating more chances then Alex Reid could well bag 20 plus anyway certainly if he stays fit.

Needs to learn to control a ball when clean through first. I like him. Hopefully do well

5 strikers in the squad for me next season

Reid Nuttal Fondop from last season 

Bring in a new striker then get Forshaw in and about the first team.

Feels a harsh decision on Hope who had a good start to the season and probably still could do a job at this level.. I'll stop before I convince myself I've casted the wrong vote 🤣

Thats the reason I chose release, you need to be in the squad to make an impact and 7 games suspended is a third of all home games (nearly pedants) we dont need that .... do we ...... I reckon yesterday would have seen a far more comfotable win with him in the team!!

1 hour ago, andy_b_100 said:

Thats the reason I chose release, you need to be in the squad to make an impact and 7 games suspended is a third of all home games (nearly pedants) we dont need that .... do we ...... I reckon yesterday would have seen a far more comfotable win with him in the team!!

I suppose the simple answer is don't pay him when he's suspended because of his own foolishness.

While I'm on it I'd fine players a months wages if they get booked taking their shirts off after scoring ! 

8 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

Thought Sambou looked promising on Saturday against limited opposition. Can see him being signed as back up.

I think he’s poor. But he is playing with no match fitness and partaking in Ramadan, so fair play to him, it’s can’t be easy. 

• Like 2

to be honest ld be fine if our options next year were Nuttall, Reid, Fondop, Baz n Timmy plus whatever happens. up front isnt our problem.

the exciting part is it probably won't be. Timmy probs hasnt done enough and what he did do might be too long ago. Baz has probs eclipsed him and l would imagine it will be Nuttall n Reid (lve got big hopes for that duo) Big Mike (😍), Baz and a new guy as the squaddies plus whatever happens.

twinge.

14 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll sign Bas. Has improved with pretty much every game, looks quality back up to me, won't be concerned if he's required to start.

he seems a player that needs to be playing regular to be effective. like Shaun Goater but without the goals. maybe thats to come..

• 2 months later...