BPAS PODCAST: 17th Apr '23, S3E34: Walking in a 1-0 Wonderland

After a stunning 1-0 home win to Maidenhead, we discuss lots of things including Italian football, Jazz and next seasons squad... but not much about the game.

BUY LOUD LIVE AND BEEFY TICKETS!

Find all our links ⁠⁠⁠here⁠⁠⁠!

You can support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link ⁠⁠⁠https://anchor.fm/oafcpodcast/subscribe⁠⁠⁠. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone but only subscribers can access an audio only version of the Latics Football Phone In as a podcast from Friday morning at 6am.

If you'd like to make a one off donation, you can now also Buy Us A Coffee by clicking ⁠⁠⁠here

⁠⁠⁠

You can also support us by visiting ⁠⁠⁠https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk⁠⁠⁠, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Please subscribe to our ⁠⁠⁠YouTube channel⁠⁠⁠ to watch the Latics Football Phone In live every Wednesday from 8.30pm.

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at ⁠⁠⁠www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

9 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Quite enjoyable that. I understood where Matt was coming from on the snooker - aesthetically, it is very restful, as long as that plank John Virgo isn't shrieking about where the cue ball is going. 

I got one on the quiz. Pine Villa.

Only ‘quite’ this week….?

13 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Quite enjoyable that. I understood where Matt was coming from on the snooker - aesthetically, it is very restful, as long as that plank John Virgo isn't shrieking about where the cue ball is going. 

I got one on the quiz. Pine Villa.

Snooker been butchered tonight by some of those jobless just stop oil vegan c***s

• Matt featured this topic

Quiz was Lee Sinnott levels of easy for only about the third time ever, missed out there the Calcio chap even l got six!

and yes fully agree on Snooker and its relaxing qualities. merely an hour ago l opined about how the recent Tangerine protest should have been carried out in slow motion in the interests of fairness. great reactions from the ref.

I really enjoyed the phone in last week, really good to have differing views presented strongly but also amicably. Shows a difference between discussing face to face and writing back and forth on the internet! On the pod I think Andy has it more right than Matt - Unsworth wasn't brought in to keep us up, but as his start was nowhere near what they all would have expected, their goals changed. 

On form, the league table has us in 4th since new year. Wrexham, Notts County, Boreham Wood then us. And we're the 3rd top scorers in that time. Not everyone has played the same number of games so that could change. But the trend is there - even with this squad and with a poor standard of play, we're still one of the better teams in the division. I think new year is a fair point to take form from - it was when this season's recruitment was broadly complete and also when Unsworth said he drew a line in the sand and changed his approach.

I also think that if we get a 1-0 win with a dull performance next season but it moves us from 2nd to 1st then attitudes will be a lot different about style of play.

I thought the fan guest made a good point about Norman improving since a better defence was put in front of him. It shows that players previously heavily criticised can do better when surrounded by better players.

5 on laticsmind, easily my best score but questions were a lot easier than previous!

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I really enjoyed the phone in last week, really good to have differing views presented strongly but also amicably. Shows a difference between discussing face to face and writing back and forth on the internet! On the pod I think Andy has it more right than Matt - Unsworth wasn't brought in to keep us up, but as his start was nowhere near what they all would have expected, their goals changed. 

On form, the league table has us in 4th since new year. Wrexham, Notts County, Boreham Wood then us. And we're the 3rd top scorers in that time. Not everyone has played the same number of games so that could change. But the trend is there - even with this squad and with a poor standard of play, we're still one of the better teams in the division. I think new year is a fair point to take form from - it was when this season's recruitment was broadly complete and also when Unsworth said he drew a line in the sand and changed his approach.

I also think that if we get a 1-0 win with a dull performance next season but it moves us from 2nd to 1st then attitudes will be a lot different about style of play.

I thought the fan guest made a good point about Norman improving since a better defence was put in front of him. It shows that players previously heavily criticised can do better when surrounded by better players.

5 on laticsmind, easily my best score but questions were a lot easier than previous!

excellent stattage. yes if we had that position now then a 1-0 win at home versus whoever it was would feel more exciting, have a louder buzz and be better attended than 5500 (which was good anyway)

Think Tom and I lived in Cardiff at the same time.

Remember a group of us bowling through Cardiff Central station singing OWTB after arriving back from Swansea where we'd gone top of the league thanks to a Paul Warne goal.  

Another world away!

• Bender unfeatured this topic

Archived