MATCH: Bromley (H) 29/04/23

Would be nice as @Flemboy said in another thread to get some payback for probably our worst performance of the campaign, incidentally Unsworth's first game in charge.

Seems like a different country and shows how far we've come. Only two starters from that game likely to start at the weekend (Norman and Sheron). Some of the players that did start that day (Charlie Wellens, Oscar Threlkeld, Mitchell Roberts, Luke Burgess, Junior Luamba?)  are likely to be little more than a footnote in a our history from a season where we finally bottomed out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

Would be nice as @Flemboy said in another thread to get some payback for probably our worst performance of the campaign, incidentally Unsworth's first game in charge.

Seems like a different country and shows how far we've come. Only two starters from that game likely to start at the weekend (Norman and Sheron). Some of the players that did start that day (Charlie Wellens, Oscar Threlkeld, Mitchell Roberts, Luke Burgess, Junior Luamba?)  are likely to be little more than a footnote in a our history from a season where we finally bottomed out.

We hope

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

An all time low for me and no amount of promotions will ever compensate for it...

Four consecutive promotions see Oldham Athletic regain their rightful place in the Premier League ahead of the 2027/28 season. 

But one fan is still haunted by a 3-0 defeat at Bromey,  he just can't shift the memory of us lobbing the ball aimlessly forwards to Junior Luamba pitted against giant centre halves. Of the day when Jack Stobbs was one of Oldham's best players. The day Charlie Wellens went missing to the extent fans had to keep counting up our players, we only seemed to have 10 at best.

Fair enough.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

Four consecutive promotions see Oldham Athletic regain their rightful place in the Premier League ahead of the 2027/28 season. 

But one fan is still haunted by a 3-0 defeat at Bromey,  he just can't shift the memory of us lobbing the ball aimlessly forwards to Junior Luamba pitted against giant centre halves. Of the day when Jack Stobbs was one of Oldham's best players. The day Charlie Wellens went missing to the extent fans had to keep counting up our players, we only seemed to have 10 at best.

Fair enough.

I'd take everything Lee Sinnott says with a very large fistful of salt. I'm sure next season will see either the greatest or the worst moment of his Oldham supporting life.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

Fair enough.

Is the correct answer...

Reasons to win tomorrow.

- Make it 5 in a row

- A top half finish for the first time in over a decade.

- Possibly a top 10 finish if results go our way.

- Finish 3rd in the hypothetical 2023 calender year National league table.

None of these are reasons for an open top bus parade but they are small psychological wins it's about slowly changing the mentality of the club and raising standards from no hopers into being competitive.

49 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Reasons to win tomorrow.

- Make it 5 in a row

- A top half finish for the first time in over a decade.

- Possibly a top 10 finish if results go our way.

- Finish 3rd in the hypothetical 2023 calender year National league table.

None of these are reasons for an open top bus parade but they are small psychological wins it's about slowly changing the mentality of the club and raising standards from no hopers into being competitive.

👍

Also, I think that if we match/beat Bromley tomorrow it will be a indication of how far we have come since the reverse fixture.

There is some good old symmetry with the two games against Bromley bookending Unsworth’s first season in charge. Let’s hope for a positive display and end to the season. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

👍

Also, I think that if we match/beat Bromley tomorrow it will be a indication of how far we have come since the reverse fixture.

There is some good old symmetry with the two games against Bromley bookending Unsworth’s first season in charge. Let’s hope for a positive display and end to the season.

Oooh imagine if it were his first and final games, that'd be nice symmetry too.

18 minutes ago, OAFCLongsuffeting said:

I think the National League just want everyone finishing at the same time and I suppose it’s ruled by the BT game kick off time.

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

correct

So my Saturday tea time doesn't count for nuffin then. I think i'll be ringing the BBC Actionline. 🤣

• Like 1

no live TV Football at 3PM saturday and BT insisted theyve paid for it and there was potential of the title going to the last day with seeningly all of the USA watching the league so they couldnt have games at differenttimes. altho ld wager they probs have done in the past.