MATCH: Bromley (H) 29/04/23

Playing well.Their keeper great saves .Keep it up.

Best first half's entertainment for a long time.All playing as a solid group of players.

Bromley  very poor and not a shot on goal.

Let's get 3 past them 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It needs a new camera, a new tripod (or some wd40), a new camera position and a new operator. 

But other than that I have no complaints. 

Camera is set up on a bouncy castle.

Looks like Bromley will have the advantage of the 45 deg slope in the second half.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

It needs a new camera, a new tripod (or some wd40), a new camera position and a new operator. 

But other than that I have no complaints. 

Frank over the summer probs take the side off a cabin in an arc cut same as the Joe Royle roof which he did by eye, rig up a pully n rig system and weld the cab to the underside of the roof. hes found the Lookers Ladder reckons its got a few years in it.

need a spark for the rest but he knows a guy. Frank could do it but hes not got the certificates.

end of season certificate printer purchase totally unrelated.

32 minutes ago, astottie said:

He has done. Bloody stupid. Formation now is all over the place.

It was a game with nothing riding on it and a chance to right the wrongs of the previous ownership so Clarke could get a proper send off. 

No complaints with it here

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Felt like we chucked that game away at the end there with the crazy substitutions , shame really as would have been nice to finish top ten

My thoughts as well. He was probably giving Clarke the chance to go out with a goal. Two places dropped which is a shame as I thought we were good for the win and top ten finish.

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

Whatever they identify as, it is like the tripod needs a bit of oil and some decent hand eye coordination from the them.

Like watching Pan's People trying to dance to Radar Love.

You've just made my night, happy memories. 

2 minutes ago, St92 said:

It was a game with nothing riding on it and a chance to right the wrongs of the previous ownership so Clarke could get a proper send off. 

Disagree. Another win, a clean sheet and a continuance of the winning run were more important, all of which were possible along with Clarke getting a good send off.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, St92 said:

Completely agreed with bringing him on. But play him centre half, Sutton to right back Shelton in midfield.  Simple. Manager threw the game away.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

There's only one reason we didn't win that..their goalkeeper.

Next season looks very promising.

Absolutely BP. Apart from a balls up for our goal he made several excellent saves and they also headed one off the line. We should have won that game at a canter and on another day we would have.

I thought the standard of football was much improved today and also the effort could not be faulted. In a relatively meaningless end of season game that attitude bodes well for next season.

• Like 4

The first 45 minutes were the most enjoyable all season, we looked like a football team who were well drilled and they all knew there jobs, Nuttall finally looked like a player. As soon as Tollitt came on we lost our shape and they attacked at will down our LHS. I'm not going to give Unsworth stick for giving Clarke his moment up front, and well done to the Athleticos for the atmosphere they created although the next time the ball comes amongst you throw it back to the goalie, you let yourselves down massively there. 

Edited by disjointed
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

If ever there was a time for sentimental shuffling the cards today was the day !!

Well done Unsy and especially well done Clarkey.

ps

I hope the middle aged 4 year old knob head who was first onto the pitch at full time gets a life ban.

Indeed while slightly dissapointing not to sign off with a win but I'd rather we gave Clarke a proper send off nice touch from Hogan too to let him have the captains armband aswell Id call that formation at the ebd experimental. No point getting arsey about dropping 2 points in the grand scheme of things although I'm sure someone will. Onto the break now get the players rested and recuperated. Next season is going to be the best in along time.

• Like 5