MATCH: Bromley (H) 29/04/23

Off topic but just in case the idiots  in the North stand toilet after the game come on here by any chance when the disabled toilet is engaged and you  have a disabled person with you who needs to go does not mean you are gay because there are two of you in a cubicle show some respect. 

7 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

Off topic but just in case the idiots  in the North stand toilet after the game come on here by any chance when the disabled toilet is engaged and you  have a disabled person with you who needs to go does not mean you are gay because there are two of you in a cubicle show some respect. 

Never underestimate the lack of intelligence of some football fans.

13 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

Jeez...

56 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Indeed while slightly dissapointing not to sign off with a win but I'd rather we gave Clarke a proper send off nice touch from Hogan too to let him have the captains armband aswell Id call that formation at the ebd experimental. No point getting arsey about dropping 2 points in the grand scheme of things although I'm sure someone will. Onto the break now get the players rested and recuperated. Next season is going to be the best in along time.

Correct. It had a bit of a testimonial feel about it at the end and I’m surprised the ref didn’t give us a penalty so Clarkey could score, but he deserved everything he got.

A proper send off for a proper legend, and 10th or 12th matters little in the end

Game was standard.  A show we've seen before this season.  Should have been out of sight before the scored and then could have lost.

Can anyone share the Do Wah Diddy song lyrics (I assume the lyrics have been changed from the original)?  Really got going in the RRE in second half....and is better than Allez Allez Allez!!

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Game was standard.  A show we've seen before this season.  Should have been out of sight before the scored and then could have lost.

Can anyone share the Do Wah Diddy song lyrics (I assume the lyrics have been changed from the original)?  Really got going in the RRE in second half....and is better than Allez Allez Allez!!

Running past defenders scoring 1 or 2

He looks good

He looks fine

Alex Reids on my mind

And he's Oldhams 25

• Thanks 1

Knew I'd come on here to see people pissing about Clarke coming on upfront. #MomentumLads

Glad he did it. Good send off. Who gives a shit if we finished 10th or 12th?

Was a decent game. Their keeper was unbelievable with a few of those saves. How that lad kept it out when clearing off the line in first half as well, amazing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, St92 said:

It was a game with nothing riding on it and a chance to right the wrongs of the previous ownership so Clarke could get a proper send off. 

No complaints with it here

Good shout, a win and the cherished 10th place would have been nice, but you nailed what was more important

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Knew I'd come on here to see people pissing about Clarke coming on upfront. #MomentumLads

Glad he did it. Good send off. Who gives a shit if we finished 10th or 12th?

Was a decent game. Their keeper was unbelievable with a few of those saves. How that lad kept it out when clearing off the line in first half as well, amazing.

Has anyone gotten upset about Clarke going upfront, from what I've read all are OK with it. 

Yeah, good call wasn't it.

In years ahead, I won't remember that winning could have made us 10th instead of 12th, but I will remember Peter Clarke coming on up front in his last game, haha.

I'll remember this season fondly I think.

5 minutes ago, Simpo said:

In years ahead, I won't remember that winning could have made us 10th instead of 12th, but I will remember Peter Clarke coming on up front in his last game, haha.

I will remember this season as being possibly the worst football I have ever seen OAFC ever play, and that's some going as I started watching in the 69/70 season. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Simpo said:

Actually so will I for 2 reasons.

1. I've reconnected with the club we are no longer tearing ourselves apart and while we are always going to see differences in opinions on a variety of issues the fanbase is less fractious now and we are behind the club and the people running it.

2. We've seen in the second half of the season a team coming together fighting together playing for the shirt and each other and a team that has developed and improved all the time a d continues to do so.

We've got plenty to be optimistic about going into next season.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I will remember this season as being possibly the worst football I have ever seen OAFC ever play, and that's some going as I started watching in the 69/70 season. 

We are currently a non league team. What did you expect.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

We are currently a non league team. What did you expect.

it's all relative. He/we might have expected us to play more attractive football across the season as a whole, be camped in mid table at least and not to spend a good deal of it battling relegation. Just a thought.

2 hours ago, Simpo said:

In years to come I hope I remember this season as the season when we hit our lowest ebb. 

I'm a lot more hopeful that's the case than I was in February.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

Same here and same year.

Must say I thought today was one of the best games I've watched albeit shame we didn't put the game to bed and as usual conceded a late goal.Hopefully

lessons have been learnt and with new signings and getting rid of the deadwood I'm looking forwards to next season.Green is a good prospect  but his crosses have been poor.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Same here and same year.

Must say I thought today was one of the best games I've watched albeit shame we didn't put the game to bed and as usual conceded a late goal.Hopefully

lessons have been learnt and with new signings and getting rid of the deadwood I'm looking forwards to next season.Green is a good prospect  but his crosses have been poor.

Said it before tricky ricky should be brought in to do some one on one coaching with him on crossing technique 

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Same here and same year.

Yesterday - That was about the best we’ve played first half at home this season 👍

We dropped off a little in the second half but if it wasn’t for their keeper, we would have won the game comfortably.

Green has pace but needs to make the final ball count more often.

What struck me most about yesterday was the amount of tackling back by our front two and the quality (finally) of our passing. 

When does preseason start? 😉

I'm thankful to be reading a football forum where people are moaning about the football, the result, manager, tactics etc.

Think back how many years the football hasn't really mattered other than losing money and prestige.

It nice to be able to talk about my football team with other fans without the 10mins rant of what our owners have been up to now.

I don't get to games anymore but I can buy my children kits and merch I'm happy for them to wear.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Actually so will I for 2 reasons.

1. I've reconnected with the club we are no longer tearing ourselves apart and while we are always going to see differences in opinions on a variety of issues the fanbase is less fractious now and we are behind the club and the people running it.

2. We've seen in the second half of the season a team coming together fighting together playing for the shirt and each other and is improving all the time.

We've got plenty to be optimistic about going into next season.

I can’t say I’ve enjoyed this season. There’s been some dreadful football, and even though results have improved I wish we’d play a lot more on the front foot, like at times yesterday.

I am a lot more optimistic now though. Next season Unsworth will have all the tools to succeed, which a manager of ours hasn’t had for a long, long time.

A decent owner and properly run club, the coaching  and back up staff he wanted, a big budget for this level (I presume), and on the whole a poor standard of opposition. He seems to be improving himself also.
I expect a challenge for the top spot all season, and there’s no excuses now. Hopefully the club is finally moving in the right direction. Over to you now big Dave.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Yesterday - That was about the best we’ve played first half at home this season 👍

We dropped off a little in the second half but if it wasn’t for their keeper, we would have won the game comfortably.

Green has pace but needs to make the final ball count more often.

What struck me most about yesterday was the amount of tackling back by our front two and the quality (finally) of our passing. 

When does preseason start? 😉

The 1st half was the most enjoyable this season, also how much more comfortable did Sutton look playing at CH. A right back has to be a priority along with a couple of midfielders, I would certainly use Shelton as a stop gap right back again. 

38 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The 1st half was the most enjoyable this season, also how much more comfortable did Sutton look playing at CH. A right back has to be a priority along with a couple of midfielders, I would certainly use Shelton as a stop gap right back again. 

I thought Shelton was better there than playing in midfield.  He did get caught out with the high cross field passes quite often though.  I think we need a similar player to Kitching to play on the right and at least one midfielder that can pick forward passes.