MATCH: Bromley (H) 29/04/23

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Batman was there in my time but my Latin teacher was the very lovely Miss Nicholson 

One of us must be confused then unless nicknames were changed. Batman was a Mr Anderson, the English teacher.

9 hours ago, redlion said:

It used to amaze me how Budge survived a lesson without having a heart attack and how that little stool he used to sit on never collapsed is one of lifes mysteries.

Absolutely….could here him wheezing from the back of the classroom, it sounded like he was on a ventilator😂

12 minutes ago, redlion said:

One of us must be confused then unless nicknames were changed. Batman was a Mr Anderson, the English teacher.

Yes, he was my English A level teacher, second only to Mr Foster, who I think only lasted 1 year  as his politics didn't concur with the schools!

1 hour ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Yes, he was my English A level teacher, second only to Mr Foster, who I think only lasted 1 year  as his politics didn't concur with the schools!

Mine too, great teacher 

5 hours ago, redlion said:

I could be confused but I do recall many details of Miss Nicholson...

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

What years are we talking about….I don’t remember there being any female teachers at all?

I did my O Level in 78 so a couple of years up to then.  There were two female teachers in my time - The aforementioned Miss Nicholson and an English teacher, Miss Rigby, who even 14 year old boys wouldn't have found appealing although Eddie Convey, another English teacher certainly did 

53 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I did my O Level in 78 so a couple pf years up to then.  There were tow female teachers in my time - The aforementioned Miss Nicholson and an English teacher, Miss Rigby, who even 14 year old boys wouldn't have found appealing although Eddie Convery, another English teacher certainly did 

6th form 1979 - 1981

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I did my O Level in 78 so a couple of years up to then.  There were two female teachers in my time - The aforementioned Miss Nicholson and an English teacher, Miss Rigby, who even 14 year old boys wouldn't have found appealing although Eddie Convey, another English teacher certainly did 

I left 71 so a fair bit earlier..

S W Johnson was head and Cyril Ashton the vice.

Archived