MATCH: Bromley (H) 29/04/23

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

There's no doubting that the Clarke substitution disrupted the shape and balance of the side, but on this occasion I'm happy to let it slide. The reaction when he came on to the pitch is probably the best moment of the season...

Agree mostly - but, as someone else pointed out, why did he not play Clarke as centre back and push Sutton to right back with Shelton into midfield and keep Green in the right wing?

That would have given a far better balance to the team. 

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

There's no doubting that the Clarke substitution disrupted the shape and balance of the side, but on this occasion I'm happy to let it slide. The reaction when he came on to the pitch is probably the best moment of the season...

Most fans wanted Clarkey to play the last few minutes and it meant a lot to him as well.I noticed the big Bromley CH shook his hand and showed respect as indeed we all did .You could see how much the reception meant to him .

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Agree mostly - but, as someone else pointed out, why did he not play Clarke as centre back and push Sutton to right back with Shelton into midfield and keep Green in the right wing?

I think the answer is quite simply that he wanted Clarke to sign off with a goal and was probably nowhere near fit enough to be on the pitch, so decided he was best up front...

37 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I would agree, but he wasn't fit enough to play, so Rhino had the option of playing him at the back (and shuffle the pack as you rightly suggest), but that would expose him and the defence, or put him upfront and minimise a potential problem while giving him the chance to score. Unfortunately for Rhino, it didn't work out, but that's sods law. 

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

noticed the big Bromley CH shook his hand and showed respect as indeed we all did .You could see how much the reception meant to him .

Byron Webster, also been about a bit. I would guess they've had their moments in the past.

Nothing to add on the game to whats been said above, however thought i’d mention I liked the look of their number 19, Forster I think he was called. Looked a tidy player. 

1 minute ago, redlion said:

I was a little surprised the ref didn't make Norman change his top as it was almost identical to the Bromley kit but maybe he was colour blind or just blind like most of the other refs we seem to get. 😀

I said the exact same thing.  I watched the highlights before and it was very difficult to separate Magnus from their players. 

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

bc we would have lost and it would have been the fault of the Clarke groin!!

dont wana be signing off like that.

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Nothing to add on the game to whats been said above, however thought i’d mention I liked the look of their number 19, Forster I think he was called. Looked a tidy player. 

Yeah their number 19 looked like a player that would be an upgrade on Green. 

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Yeah their number 19 looked like a player that would be an upgrade on Green. 

Green's doing well, and slotted in at right back.

He does need to work on his final ball but is pacey and looks to go forward at every opportunity.

I'd be making a playmaker a priority as we looked better balanced with Gardner yesterday but his best days are behind him and he's injury prone.

Anyone else notice a big improvement in Sheron's distribution yesterday, perhaps he's been working hard on it, or enjoyed Gardner playing alongside him?

Can't fault his attitude and work rate, but if he can add better passing to his game he'd be a big asset.

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Because it was a nothing game and he wanted to give him a chance of scoring. Nobody should care about the result. 

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Because it was a nothing game and he wanted to give him a chance of scoring. Nobody should care about the result. 

'should'

if we havent got a few players who were irrationally upset at drawing a dead rubber then we won't do anything next season.

l would expect Rooney was a bit angry at not even being in the squad. Yarney probably not or if he was, then not for so long. he seems more of a thinker.

13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

'should'

if we havent got a few players who were irrationally upset at drawing a dead rubber then we won't do anything next season.

l would expect Rooney was a bit angry at not even being in the squad. Yarney probably not or if he was, then not for so long. he seems more of a thinker.

Yarney was injured wasn't he? He may have been angry about that as he seems like the kind of player who thrives on playing. 

ah l just thought both were firm fixtures for next season so seemed to be the least point in playing. yarney just seems chill to me, obviously thats just the surface and its based on watching him play Football and answer Football questions so could me massively wrong. also, of course, l could have completely mis-read the whole thing and Rooney is going to rochdale.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

'should'

I'm talking about fans. Anyone getting annoyed because we put Peter Clarke upfront for his send off and drew a nothing game are a bit weird taking things that seriously 

25 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

ah l just thought both were firm fixtures for next season so seemed to be the least point in playing. yarney just seems chill to me, obviously thats just the surface and its based on watching him play Football and answer Football questions so could me massively wrong. also, of course, l could have completely mis-read the whole thing and Rooney is going to rochdale.

Reading between the lines it wouldn't surprise me if Rooney is not here next season, he seems persona non gratis. 

(is this the correct term, it seemed right to me, but reading it back it could have something to do with being free) 

10 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Reading between the lines it wouldn't surprise me if Rooney is not here next season, he seems persona non gratis. 

(is this the correct term, it seemed right to me, but reading it back it could have something to do with being free) 

Grata. I knew that Latin O Level would come in handy one day 

34 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'm talking about fans. Anyone getting annoyed because we put Peter Clarke upfront for his send off and drew a nothing game are a bit weird taking things that seriously 

l get what youre saying. lm jussayin some people cant help it, they have winner brains they cant harness and it makes them turn the computer off when they go 0-3 down!

but yeah, its mostly not that atall.

25 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Grata.

l think you have said person who is not free, or slave. but lm uneducated beyond primary school level so dont listen to me!!

15 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Grata. I knew that Latin O Level would come in handy one day 

somebody Latics related in the past couple of years publicly said he had an 'angin arse in Latin bc they were tryin to copy the queens horrible year, cant remember the circs but it was funny!

Archived