Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Another machine who doesn't stop running, can see a pattern developing here 🤔🤔🤔

I’ve said it loads of times - anyone expecting expansive football under DU is dreaming. He wants grafters - nothing else. It’s going to pick up where we left off, hard working, grinding, not great to watch- BUT effective. 

And as long as we win - I couldn’t care less. 

Unsy’s problem is and always be when you graft and grind to a 1-0 loss- his football is totally dependent on the satisfaction of the result, because beyond that it’s tough to watch. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

They may be grafters who give 100% but they are all top players at their respective clubs and can all play a bit too.

Sylla & Fane were both grafters!!😂

They won’t be asked to play a bit- that’s the point. Rooney is a prime example, Vaughan was an another. They don’t work hard enough for Unsy but both are good footballers who can win a game if allowed to express themselves. 

If these all come off then really excited.  

Golden & Kitching bombing up and down the right and left respectively.  Lundstram and Ward in middle with their box to box engines with defending, flipping play then attacking.  Willoughby, Reid & Nuttall up front.

DUs signing players who run and run, don’t hide in games & POTS for their clubs.

Roll on August & our promotion assault.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

They won’t be asked to play a bit- that’s the point. Rooney is a prime example, Vaughan was an another. 

STOP IT!!!!!!!!

*closes eyes, sticks fingers in ears and makes a humming noise*

Edited by Monty Burns
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Another machine who doesn't stop running, can see a pattern developing here 🤔🤔🤔

maybe it’s what we’ve been missing for years. Dowie’s team was supremely fit. I envisage a similar trait in styles here. Wasn’t great on the eye a lot, nor was it aimless punts up top. We were awkward bastards to play against.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

maybe it’s what we’ve been missing for years. Dowie’s team was supremely fit. I envisage a similar trait in styles here. Wasn’t great on the eye a lot, nor was it aimless punts up top. We were awkward bastards to play against.

Spot on. 

Run all day, hard to beat, it might not always be easy on the eye, but can and has been very effective results wise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

I wasn’t opening that debate again. .

I was merely talking about Unsy’ type of player and what he likes. (Which to be fair has and can get results)  

towards the end of the season we did, on occassion, pass the ball to each other very fast and break out. if we do this instead of rugby smacking it towards the corner flag for Green to chase then l can handle that.

your point about needing to win with last seasons 'style' is spot on and is the underlying basis for revolt and rapidly eats up any goodwill in the stands.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Watched Halifax play quite a few times last season. The only players who would get anywhere near our side (even under Sheridan) are Debrah and Alli...

Halifax courier….

Player of the season

After not being alone in making a shaky start to the season, Tylor Golden has got better and better as the campaign has gone on. Establishing himself in the right wing-back role, Golden is one of the younger players in the squad who have shown admirable character, spirit and determination in turning Town's season around with performances full of tenacity, energy and positivity.

59 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Halifax courier….

Player of the season

After not being alone in making a shaky start to the season, Tylor Golden has got better and better as the campaign has gone on. Establishing himself in the right wing-back role, Golden is one of the younger players in the squad who have shown admirable character, spirit and determination in turning Town's season around with performances full of tenacity, energy and positivity.

I know all of that, but there's still only two players at Halifax who would get in our team...

Not sure on paying a fee for a right back. It's the position of the talentless. Plenty of right backs out there for free. I'd rather we spent all our tranfers fees on a centre back or top left winger.