Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

1 hour ago, PhilChester said:

Well you got Kurt in the end, pleased he saw the season out with us. I am not sure you saw the best of him against you in the FA Cup but one thing is for sure he will put everything in to every minute that he is on the pitch for you.

Really hope he is successful, a proper team player 👍

Hope we give the player enough match games to prove himself.Looking good with my favourite  Reid,Fondy and Nuttall. Still need a rfb,ch and left winger.Get Green signed and practise on crosses and we will be a force to beat.

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Do the quality of these signings increase the pressure on Unsy? 

IE - top seven is still good enough.

Or

I expect top two with these signings and more to come. 

Possibly, but both scenarios are a marked improvement for us fans and something to look forward to either way.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Do the quality of these signings increase the pressure on Unsy? 

IE - top seven is still good enough.

Or

I expect top two with these signings and more to come. 

from the fans it will do, we really need to hit the ground running

2 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Green staying/signing is a must for me.

Berry on the other side interchangeable.

The Green Berraaays

Pretty confident Green has/ will sign. He’s posting on his socials pictures of him in a Latics shirt with a banner saying he can’t wait to be back at it, and he spends a lot of time with Fondop and Nuttall. I’m reading in to it that he’ll be back for the season. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, daniel said:

Pretty confident Green has/ will sign. He’s posting on his socials pictures of him in a Latics shirt with a banner saying he can’t wait to be back at it, and he spends a lot of time with Fondop and Nuttall. I’m reading in to it that he’ll be back for the season. 

I think Green knows best to sign along with the rest.

Our fans ground improvements and superb away followings stand out to players.Still some deadwood to shift but getting there.Unsworth must now continue with his post Christmas  improvement. 

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I think Green knows best to sign along with the rest.

Our fans ground improvements and superb away followings stand out to players.Still some deadwood to shift but getting there.Unsworth must now continue with his post Christmas  improvement. 

Yeah I agree. 
All quiet on the Yarney front still, which I think is a big one that hopefully goes in our favour. Some seem to think he’ll sign, but seen a few mention Orient are interested. Guess we’ll

find out soon. 

• Like 1

I've seen a bit of Willoughby and he'd probably be the best finisher we've signed for a number of years, great composure in front of goal and finds the bottom corner with ease, be interesting how Unsworth pairs them up if we go with a two Nuttall, Fondop, Reid, Willoughby is some strikeforce at this level.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I think Yarney will be off but also confident we will sign someone to replace him…Sutton to centre and a new right back comes in 

If Yarney doesn't sign we will need another centre back aswell as a right back that way we have cover for injuries suspensions or even a loss of form.

So a right back and Yarney/new centre back then we can tick the defense off. With Willoughby in we can tick off the forward line which just leaves the midfield. Which if Green signs is already fairly strong for this level.

Edited by GlossopLatic

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

If Yarney doesn't sign we will need another centre back aswell as a right back that way we have cover for injuries suspensions or even a loss of form.

So a right back and Yarney/new centre back then we can tick the defense off. With Willoughby in we can tick off the forward line which just leaves the midfield. Which if Green signs is already fairly strong for this level.

McGahey could be some player at this level, it just depends how much he wants it, certainly better than NL on his day. Probably not popular opinion but it's mine - I also think Sutton should be played at centre back, if Yarney stays we've more than enough cover there given Sheron can also play in a two or left of a back three. Liam Hogan finished off last season in great form so I don't think we have many issues at CB.

• Like 1

We might see a front three employed and I’ll be surprised if Willoughby is benched straight off. We’ll be aiming for early goals and using Fondop to come on as a battering ram if it’s tight. 

I expect Green and Ward to sign, which pretty much completes midfield. DU did also mention the desire for someone with a good long throw so that may be a RWB in the Kitching mould who has that in their armoury. I hope Yarney signs but it may be more 50/50 with him / his agent.

Whilst we‘ve not seen much of these new lads play, the style of signings (young, good fitness records, well-rated) is so much more refreshing than plucking squad players from teams and hoping one or two come good. On 2 to 3 year deals, we’ve got a lot of assets on our hands now.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

McGahey could be some player at this level, it just depends how much he wants it, certainly better than NL on his day. Probably not popular opinion but it's mine - I also think Sutton should be played at centre back, if Yarney stays we've more than enough cover there given Sheron can also play in a two or left of a back three. Liam Hogan finished off last season in great form so I don't think we have many issues at CB.

l agree. MaGay has been one of my fave players ever since he told us to fuck off at Barrow. lm also pretty sure lve seen him play well but a lot has happened recently and l might be just cutting him extra slack. deserves a proper go in a proper team at a proper club for me.

Edited by Monty Burns
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

We might see a front three employed and I’ll be surprised if Willoughby is benched straight off. We’ll be aiming for early goals and using Fondop to come on as a battering ram if it’s tight. 

I expect Green and Ward to sign, which pretty much completes midfield. DU did also mention the desire for someone with a good long throw so that may be a RWB in the Kitching mould who has that in their armoury. I hope Yarney signs but it may be more 50/50 with him / his agent.

Whilst we‘ve not seen much of these new lads play, the style of signings (young, good fitness records, well-rated) is so much more refreshing than plucking squad players from teams and hoping one or two come good. On 2 to 3 year deals, we’ve got a lot of assets on our hands now.

..and in June too. more than a month before the first pre season friendly and over a week before theyve even run up Tandle Hills.

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He probably could but he's never fit and unfortunately that's where the issue lies with him not just here but by the looks of it at previous clubs too. I'd prefer it if we have Yarney Hogan and Sutton competing for 2 spots. We should only really use Sheron there as an absolute emergency so he'd effectively be 4th choice CB.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

He probably could but he's never fit and unfortunately that's where the issue lies with him not just here but by the looks of it at previous clubs too. I'd prefer it if we have Yarney Hogan and Sutton competing for 2 spots. We should only really use Sheron there as an absolute emergency so he'd effectively be 4th choice CB.

oh yeah l think everybody would prefer Yarney don't get wrong and we will sign defenders. a properly rehabilitated McGahey not rushing or being pushed back incapacitated somewhere down the line is set up to play a part for the club. hopefully he can prove his worth.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If we play 3 I'd be happy with any 3 from Yarney, Hogan, Sutton and McGahey probably in that order.

At rightback we have Sutton, Yarney and Shelton so options there as well, I still think we may bring in a right back but we do have options. 

If Yarney wants to move from a club on the up to one on the down it's up to him. 

Hope he stays and repays the loyalty we showed on rescuing him from oblivion. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If Yarney wants to move from a club on the up to one on the down it's up to him. 

Which is the club on the down you refer to?

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I guess it depends who is showing interest, as one assumes someone is