Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

Isak Hansen-Arronsen ran the show yesterday for Utd u21s vs Altrincham

He’s only 18 but seems older.
Wouldn’t surprise me if football league teams were after him but he would be a great fit alongside Lundstram in the middle of the park. 

25 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Isak Hansen-Arronsen ran the show yesterday for Utd u21s vs Altrincham

He’s only 18 but seems older.
Wouldn’t surprise me if football league teams were after him but he would be a great fit alongside Lundstram in the middle of the park. 

Against pretty much everything Unsworth said n his BPAS interview

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Against pretty much everything Unsworth said n his BPAS interview

It is you’re right. He wants experience and big clubs want their players in the football league.

I just disagree with Unsworth‘s approach though as mentioned elsewhere.

If I was manager I would want two central midfielders comfortable on the ball, who can dictate the speed of the game and be able to drive forward in possession and that lad and Lundstram would offer that.

I’m mentioning it to see if anyone agrees or disagrees 

5 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

He's also said a couple of season long loans are a possibility. Mixed messages. 

Not loaness in our more desperately required positions I'm afraid, experience is preferred there.

11 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

He's also said a couple of season long loans are a possibility. Mixed messages. 

He’s said before and again on the podcast loans will probably be to cover injuries and I think that’s the way to go…..there are far too many pointless loans and I’d rather blood one of our own!

12 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

It is you’re right. He wants experience and big clubs want their players in the football league.

I just disagree with Unsworth‘s approach though as mentioned elsewhere.

If I was manager I would want two central midfielders comfortable on the ball, who can dictate the speed of the game and be able to drive forward in possession and that lad and Lundstram would offer that.

I’m mentioning it to see if anyone agrees or disagrees 

Doesn't really matter if we agree or disagree with Unsworth as there are very few players that the big PL clubs will lend out to division 5

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Doesn't really matter if we agree or disagree with Unsworth as there are very few players that the big PL clubs will lend out to division 5

Unless they’ve got no chance of staying there like Charlie Wellens 

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

With many Premiership academy players having no chance of playing in the first team I think more will be loaned to non league clubs In the future.

Although probably not classed as a big PL club Crystal Palace loaned 3 players to non league clubs in lower divisions than us last season.

Edited by BP1960

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

With many Premiership academy players having no chance of playing in the first team I think more will be loaned to non league clubs In the future.

Although probably not classed as a big PL club Crystal Palace loaned 3 players to non league clubs in lower divisions than us last season.

Bit of a treck to Oldham from Palace. 

Problem is that our local premier clubs are classed as "big clubs" so unlikely to see anyone over 18 ( or consequently any use to us ) making the trip to BP.  

I'm still hoping a right back will be coming soon but the fact he played Sutton at centre half when coming on rather than swap Hobson inside in a recent friendly suggests we may not have one lined up.