Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

17 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

He’s spent a season and a preseason bringing people in and getting one or two out.

It is what managers do.

18 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Who are the ones he wants out now?  Do you think he’s spoken to them, or are they all looking over their shoulders ?

No idea-just like you.

18 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

He will then expect them to give their all to the team.

Why wouldn't they? They are professional footballers who deal with stuff like this every season. 

20 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Good management not.

Agenda.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if this talk is off the top of his head just as in other interviews.

He’s spent a season and a preseason bringing people in and getting one or two out.  The result is an unbalanced squad.

Who are the ones he wants out now?  Do you think he’s spoken to them, or are they all looking over their shoulders ?

He will then expect them to give their all to the team.  Good management not.

Await downvotes from the sycophants on here.

is that you, Yoda?

• Like 1

I wish DU would try to be a football manager rather than just continuously ask for better players ?

Sure we could improve the squad, but the squad we have shouldn’t be winning 1 in 7 games. Just do your job and manage the football team and get the best out of what you have. 

Anyone can request better players and rely on the quality of the players to get results. Each week he baffles me more. 

32 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I wish DU would try to be a football manager rather than just continuously ask for better players ?

Sure we could improve the squad, but the squad we have shouldn’t be winning 1 in 7 games. Just do your job and manage the football team and get the best out of what you have. 

Anyone can request better players and rely on the quality of the players to get results. Each week he baffles me more. 

Not when they’re played out of position.

Edited by frizzell54

11 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

he's ignoring me, and arguing with you who kind of agreed with him.

makingban intelligence calculation based on all evidence, this poster doesn't know where he is and is just hitting random keys. the sentences were pure luck.

disengage.

26 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I can envisage a post match interview after Saturdays game.

It's been very hot all week affecting our training and pressing game during the match, some players can't play once a week in these conditions, we have to be very careful with them.😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I can envisage a post match interview after Saturdays game.

It's been very hot all week affecting our training and pressing game during the match, some players can't play once a week in these conditions, we have to be very careful with them.😉

me too.

l don't like scores like these. fair play to Dorking and their situation, and l'll have a beer with Mark, but 8-0 tells us nothing. lets wipe this and focus on [our next opponent]

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

me too.

l don't like scores like these. fair play to Dorking and their situation, and l'll have a beer with Mark, but 8-0 tells us nothing. lets wipe this and focus on [our next opponent]

And we should've been 4 up before conceding the 8.

• Like 2

Gardner, Shelton, Ward, Lundstram are all out for various reasons. It seems fair to be looking to bring in an extra body or 2 in the midfield if we're also looking to shift players out so balancing the books.

I would feel a bit nervous going into the weekend with Sheron the only available central midfielder.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

we have to be very careful with them.😉

Maybe he should have done that with your biscuits man mate.  Or was you one of those crying out how DU should have been giving him more game time?. Can't be arsed trawling through the posts who were. 

Don't want to appear having a dig, just pointing out how contrary we can be making our points.  Depending on what we want to bash DU ON. 

Just now, Lags said:

Maybe he should have done that with your biscuits man mate.  Or was you one of those crying out how DU should have been giving him more game time?. Can't be arsed trawling through the posts who were. 

Don't want to appear having a dig, just pointing out how contrary we can be making our points.  Depending on what we want to bash DU ON. 

He's clearly carrying an injury and if you did look through my posts you won't see me clamouring for him to play every match.

When the present league position and performances improve there will be less jesting. Same with any manager not providing expected results.

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Imagine a football manager trying to get the best players he can. What a ridiculous idea

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Who says he isn't using it wisely? Deadline March

He did say after signing Dickenson and Freeman that the squad reshaping was an ongoing process and more could follow. If it really is two more in and 3 or 4 out then it should help balance the budget.

As for this weekend,  I suspect Dickenson will fill in in CM with Tollitt maybe wide left, although Couto is also back in the fold.

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Who says he isn't using it wisely? Deadline March

I am. 

One injury prone right back signed after the season started and covered by a centre half. 

5 centre halves- one to many. 

6 forwards - 2 to many. 

No cover for Green. 

The old adage goes- two quality players for every position. We clearly don’t have that. We’re heavy in certain areas and really light in others. Unsworth has signed a lot of players and the squad is still imbalanced. Last season was fine because he needed time to move people on. But to have had all pre season- sign numerous players and it still not be right is poor. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l get that this sits just outside your paramiters (another word lve probs never written before 😂) but l reckon Notts County would beat St Johnstone

Not far wrong regular watcher of my partners home town club in the scottish championship  on bbc tv friday night football still a part time club yet give the big boys a run for there money each year 

Lead the league for the whole season two years ago just ran out of steam and players in last few weeks .just as hard a division to get out of as ours  1 up auto 1 through playoffs that includes second bottom of scottish prem .outside of celtic and at a stretch Rangers  scottish football isnt that far above  EFL league one at best 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I am. 

One injury prone right back signed after the season started and covered by a centre half. 

5 centre halves- one to many. 

6 forwards - 2 to many. 

No cover for Green. 

The old adage goes- two quality players for every position. We clearly don’t have that. We’re heavy in certain areas and really light in others. Unsworth has signed a lot of players and the squad is still imbalanced. Last season was fine because he needed time to move people on. But to have had all pre season- sign numerous players and it still not be right is poor. 

Who's the sixth forward, Hope?