Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

We're crying out for a foot on the ball centre mid with a good range of passing and ability to tackle, many have said it, surely MM and Brabin can see it. Pretty sure signing just that one player could transform us from play off contenders to certainties.

I like it that he's taking his time to evaluate the squad and I also think he'll take his time to get the right player. 

Despite the up and largely down nature of this season so far I still see real grounds for optimism for the season ahead.

Perhaps we'll have a shiny new signing for meet the manager tomorrow?   

• Like 1

Any takers for Nuttall, fucking awful footballer and the worst bit of business I've ever seen done, if Mellon continues to select him I'd be worried going forward, Thompson couldn't even find a spot for him in the 16 during our unbeaten run yet he strolls straight back in under Mellon which is a huge worry given our recent performance, he's so easy to play against and has little effect on games. It must be Norwood having some sort of influence on that decision as Mellon and Brabin would know little about him. Still can't understand the reluctance to play Norman, Hudson let's goals in for fun 10 in 4 under Mellon yet seems untouchable despite being beat for fun. I'm not saying there's much between them but Hudson seems under no pressure to perform recently which is another worry given I think Norman will be sold on in the coming months.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Any takers for Nuttall,

Not a bleeding chance….the 2nd part of your 1st sentence explains why!😂

I also don’t think we currently have a decent partner for Norwood either!

I keep repeating this but what a complete and utter shambles the year under Unsworth really was!!

Edited by oafc1955

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Still can't understand the reluctance to play Norman, Hudson let's goals in for fun 10 in 4 under Mellon yet seems untouchable despite being beat for fun. I'm not saying there's much between them but Hudson seems under no pressure to perform recently which is another worry given I think Norman will be sold on in the coming months.

Not much between them like you say, and when Norman played he was under no pressure despite some mistakes. Either can go, either can stay. 

I can’t even be arsed to discuss Nuttal, except to say- I agree with you his selection under Mellon is worrying. I can get taking a look, but not continued starts. 

Any takers for Nuttall, fucking awful footballer and the worst bit of business I've ever seen done, if Mellon continues to select him I'd be worried going forward, Thompson couldn't even find a spot for him in the 16 during our unbeaten run yet he strolls straight back in under Mellon which is a huge worry given our recent performance, he's so easy to play against and has little effect on games. It must be Norwood having some sort of influence on that decision as Mellon and Brabin would know little about him. Still can't understand the reluctance to play Norman, Hudson let's goals in for fun 10 in 4 under Mellon yet seems untouchable despite being beat for fun. I'm not saying there's much between them but Hudson seems under no pressure to perform recently which is another worry given I think Norman will be sold on in the coming months.

Norman is injured (not sure how long for). I think I prefer Norman as his distribution is excellent for this level. But on shot-stopping I think Hudson slightly shades it.

Depends what you want / need. Hudson hasn't quite underperformed enough to warrant dropping if Norman was fit.

Don't think either will be able to underperform for long once in the team though.

Thompson couldn't even find a spot for [Nuttall] in the 16 during our unbeaten run yet he strolls straight back in under Mellon

Mate, he started and scored (a good goal) in ST's first match at home to York, then started the next three before being benched and then being dropped for ST's final match at home to D&R. But don't let facts get in the way of an arbitrary rant, eh?

I can't believe* some fans have to make stuff up to fit their narrative.

* Well, I can but y'know...

• Like 6

Still can't understand the reluctance to play Norman, Hudson let's goals in for fun 10 in 4 under Mellon yet seems untouchable despite being beat for fun.

And this is just delirious. He had no chance against any of those ten. They weren't on him. I don't think Hudson has done much wrong, apart from perhaps the equaliser against Dagenham.