Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

20 minutes ago, Handsy said:

If Shelton goes back to Hartlepool before Xmas can we  put a clause in the transfer that he has to play against us in both games  for the full 90 mins 

Surely we've been stung enough in the past to request the exact opposite of this?!

43 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I agree regarding Willoughby. He only seems to get bit parts and invariably comes on usually when we are struggling or behind in games.

He needs 3 or 4 games with the same strike partner, I think there’s a decent player in there but his confidence must be completely shot!

Definitely, been played out of position I think too a few times 

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

A Tranmere fan on Twitter is linking us with Kieron Morris, currently out of favour at Tranmere. Seems to be speculation based on the Mellon link rather than anything more concrete. He's a wide player, over 250 league games, so could be the sort of player that would improve the team. 

He may be a good acquisition. Wrote this about him on another thread looking at Tranmere players:

On 11/27/2023 at 10:58 PM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Keiron Morris (Winger) - 29yo Still at Tranmere. Was quoted as saying "I love it here" in May. Virtual ever present in their side this season and Mellon was quoted back then as "He's the best player in the league". Unlikely, but could be a target next season.

Heard from someone with links to the club that Mellon has identified six players he wants out ASAP to create room for incomings. I think most of us can guess the players but there were one or two vague surprises in there which I promised not to disclose on here. Twitter also mentioned we'd enquired about Burton's Cole Stockton; a big hold-up man who played under Mellon.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

2 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

He may be a good acquisition. Wrote this about him on another thread looking at Tranmere players:

Interesting, he's lost his place to Apter on loan from Blackpool apparently. At his age you would hope he wants first team football, seems like a good fit.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Heard from someone with links to the club that Mellon has identified six players he wants out ASAP to create room for incomings. I think most of us can guess the players but there were one or two vague surprises in there which I promised not to disclose on here. Twitter also mentioned we'd enquired about Burton's Cole Stockton; a big hold-up man who played under Mellon.

Definite.
Nuttal

Shelton

Possible

Kurt

Green

Freeman

Magnus

Sutton or Hogan

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Interesting, he's lost his place to Apter on loan from Blackpool apparently. At his age you would hope he wants first team football, seems like a good fit.

Is that the same Apter from Scunthorpe last year? We should got him instead of Nuttall, good player 

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Heard Sheron was on the list which may upset a few.

Funnily enough I did wonder, also wondered if Mike Fondop is the other surprise name on the list.

I can understand why MM would want an upgrade on Sheron but don't understand why he would want to offload such a versatile player who's a good clubman too. 

Surely Freeman is gone at the end of his six months unless he picks up considerably?   

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Heard Sheron was on the list which may upset a few.

I’d understand why, because they’re more dynamic midfielders than him out there. I just think a lot (myself included)  have a soft spot because he never lets us down and gets the most out of his ability- which is all you can ask. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’d understand why, because they’re more dynamic midfielders than him out there. I just think a lot (myself included)  have a soft spot because he never lets us down and gets the most out of his ability- which is all you can ask. 

Very well put, and he's put a real shift in at a time when we've really not been very good and not had many doing the same. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, League one forever said:

He was shite last Saturday though, mind you he wasn't on his own. 

8 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

If we're getting rid of players who've had a shite game we're going to have to bus them in !!  😁

I agree, I was just responding to the "never lets us down", we've seen enough shite performances from the players to last us a lifetime. 

Sheron is a terrible footballer and the fact our midfield has not dominated once in over a year and a half he has been playing for us says it all. He can run about all he wants, it's a low bar when that's the standard we strive for. Even if he is on the list, could be difficult to offload him since we gave him an extra year's contract. 

12 minutes ago, BerlinBlue said:

Sheron is a terrible footballer and the fact our midfield has not dominated once in over a year and a half he has been playing for us says it all. He can run about all he wants, it's a low bar when that's the standard we strive for. Even if he is on the list, could be difficult to offload him since we gave him an extra year's contract. 

That goes for all of them on any list, it's the reason I think Mellon will need some time as we've made quite a few expensive mistakes. We may be able to farm a few out but it will cost us.

22 minutes ago, BerlinBlue said:

Be good if some of his running involved tracking the opposition instead of letting them go straight past him...

2 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

Funnily enough I did wonder, also wondered if Mike Fondop is the other surprise name on the list.

I can understand why MM would want an upgrade on Sheron but don't understand why he would want to offload such a versatile player who's a good clubman too. 

Surely Freeman is gone at the end of his six months unless he picks up considerably?   

What does this mean?

1 hour ago, BerlinBlue said:

Sheron is a terrible footballer and the fact our midfield has not dominated once in over a year and a half he has been playing for us says it all.

Terrible footballers don’t score 30 yard worldies, or play in promotion sides. 

Our midfield has just dominated in the last two away games. 

But don’t let get in the way of your dramatic generalisation. 

• Like 6