Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

18 hours ago, oafcforever said:

Less than 1 in 3 is hardly a shit striker?? 

Games played can be misleading, I refer minutes on the pitch for goal ratio.

Edited by BP1960

On 1/23/2024 at 11:42 AM, oafcmb said:

Surely a winger or midfielder? 

Kanu played wide left, we already have Kitching and Walker for that role, may be a central attacking midfielder who can run with the ball?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Kanu played wide left, we already have Kitching and Walker for that role, may be a central attacking midfielder who can run with the ball?

Just seen Suzanne article and it seems a signing is unlikely yet. Need to get players out before getting someone in. 

7 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

Just seen Suzanne article and it seems a signing is unlikely yet. Need to get players out before getting someone in. 

Probably not as urgent now as long as they all stay fit.

24 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I don’t actually feel we need anyone else in. Our starting 11 and bench are really strong. Would like to see 4 or 5 leave. We’ve until March to sign 

If we wish to sign players from EFL clubs though don't they have to be done during the January transfer window?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

No disrespect but if we have any chance to sign Kanu we should be snapping their hand off, Kitching can revert back to left back - where he's just as effective and Kanu can play wide left, that partnership would be formidable, Walker still has much to prove and I see him as no more than a squad player. Kanu is probably as good as you're going to get in his position at our level and he wouldn't struggle or look out of place in a league or two above.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

No disrespect but if we have any chance to sign Kanu we should be snapping their hand off, Kitching can revert back to left back - where he's just as effective and Kanu can play wide left, that partnership would be formidable, Walker still has much to prove and I see him as no more than a squad player. Kanu is probably as good as you're going to get in his position at our level and he wouldn't struggle or look out of place in a league or two above.

Agree, Yarddog73.

He was subdued last night, as if he wants a move, but anyone who has watched him a few times knows he is quality. Would love to sign him.

Look at it this way. Kanu or Green - no brainer.

Shelton to Halifax making room for Kanu - no brainer.

Understand we may now have to be patient to move players out first, but we will hopefully target quality incoming. Quality over quantity moving forward.

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

We should never be turning down bringing in extra quality, could make all the difference this season and sets us up for next season (whichever division we're in) too. I'd be delighted with Kanu

I agree but I think its only fair to ask what's gone wrong for him at Barnet to be in and out of the side and last night for him to be going through the motions when he should be one of their shining lights.

40 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I agree but I think its only fair to ask what's gone wrong for him at Barnet to be in and out of the side and last night for him to be going through the motions when he should be one of their shining lights.

He's obviously going through the motions so somethings gone on and we are unlikely to find out the back story. He is a terrific player though and will no doubt be moving on in the near future 

Given the article about moving players out, who do you think that refers to?  I'll take Nuttall and Shelton as givens, but who else do you reckon Mellon will be looking to get out the door?

21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Given the article about moving players out, who do you think that refers to?  I'll take Nuttall and Shelton as givens, but who else do you reckon Mellon will be looking to get out the door?

Tollitt, Gardner, Kurt, Dickinson 

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He's obviously going through the motions so somethings gone on and we are unlikely to find out the back story. He is a terrific player though and will no doubt be moving on in the near future 

Would he settle in the N.West?? I always prefer someone who is a bit local.Otherwise risky I.M.O.

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We as fans probably won't and nor should we, but those in the clubs hierarchy who are involved directly in football will I would think have ways of finding out through various ways. It could well be a solvable issue but either way I'd like to think we do our research on players characters aswell as their ability.

4 hours ago, philsalt said:

Have there been any rumours about clubs being interested in any of the players were interested in moving on? 

Tentative rumour is that AFC Fylde are looking at Kurt. He lives in Blackpool so that rumour could have mileage.