Ground improvements

Thought I'd start a thread where any improvements to the ground can be recorded. Obviously we've had the pitch recently (some good pics, courtesy of Dean Pickering on Twitter) but someone has also posted some pics of the new dugout.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Big water storage tanks behind the main stand/RRE corner. Borehole?

yes. £20K upfront and now we have don't have to pay thousands of £££ to water the pitches. pay for itsself eventually and is the kind of proactive thinking we had been shorn of until the Rothwell heroes arrived. infact we have probably never even seen such a thinker in our history.

anybody says ken bates is gettin a cyber smack in the mouth!!

4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I presume they plan to put in more than 4 seats for each side ?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 no you don't you are actually teeny bit unsure, admit it!!!

its so bad we have been driven to such loonie thoughts. l wonder if they will be covered and also they cant snuggle together for warmth in february on those 🤣

looks cool tho. like a proper club or sumat. its mad 🤯

I wonder if the money will stretch to new reserved stickers on the main stand season ticket holders seats to replace those missing or hanging on for dear life.

If they are all replaced by the opening league match I'll donate a tenner to this site.🙂

47 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I wonder if the money will stretch to new reserved stickers on the main stand season ticket holders seats to replace those missing or hanging on for dear life.

If they are all replaced by the opening league match I'll donate a tenner to this site.🙂

Does anyone actually care about a reserved sticker ? 
If someone is sat in my seat I really don’t care, it’s not like I can’t just go sit somewhere else within 10 seats from my seat usually. 

If you have mates with you and want to sit together then okay, but even then it’s not hard to find somewhere else. 

The stadium is just over half full. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

If someone is sat in my seat I really don’t care, it’s not like I can’t just go sit somewhere else within 10 seats from my seat usually. 

If you have mates with you and want to sit together then okay, but even then it’s not hard to find somewhere else. 

If someone is sat in my seat, they move. 👍

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I care about my seat I pick it for a reason I want to sit there for the season. Some might not that's fine but anyone is sat in my seat when I get there they are moving.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Had agro once from a big guy like Hulk Hogan who said it wasn't reserved and wasn't for moving. If he's sat in yours sometime follow your own advice and let him stay.😵‍💫

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Big water storage tanks behind the main stand/RRE corner. Borehole?

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

yes. £20K upfront and now we have don't have to pay thousands of £££ to water the pitches. pay for itsself eventually and is the kind of proactive thinking we had been shorn of until the Rothwell heroes arrived. infact we have probably never even seen such a thinker in our history.

Last November Darren Royle was quoted in the Oldham Times:

“Also water, we’re looking at the potential for a borehole so it’s a self-sourced thing where we’ve made our own water supply for pitches, rather than off mains water."

“Frank’s ideas are all long-term, solar panels, boreholes for water. I think our water bill was over £100,000. If we pay £25,000 for a big borehole you get your own water supply, all legitimate and above board,” added Royle, who likes the idea of Boundary Park becoming more eco-friendly.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I've moved a couple of times to accommodate a family group sitting together but it's not really on.

If you've payed up front for a specific seat there should be a sticker on it and you should be able to sit in it. 🧑‍🦳

Which has reminded me to ask the powers that be to put some reserved stickers on our seats for next season! Not normally an issue but the JRS might be full if we get our recruitment right.

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

Last November Darren Royle was quoted in the Oldham Times:

“Also water, we’re looking at the potential for a borehole so it’s a self-sourced thing where we’ve made our own water supply for pitches, rather than off mains water."

“Frank’s ideas are all long-term, solar panels, boreholes for water. I think our water bill was over £100,000. If we pay £25,000 for a big borehole you get your own water supply, all legitimate and above board,” added Royle, who likes the idea of Boundary Park becoming more eco-friendly.

lno the quote is half a year old but lm pretty pissed off with myself for getting the figure wrong 🤬

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Had agro once from a big guy like Hulk Hogan who said it wasn't reserved and wasn't for moving. If he's sat in yours sometime follow your own advice and let him stay.😵‍💫

Show him your season card which has the row and seat number on it - he’ll move 👍