Ground improvements

22 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I don’t know how lucrative the contract with Lees Brewery is but it’s definitely a beer with an acquired taste that in general I would suggest only appeals to our more senior supporters.

An additional real ale facility would be very welcome, whether it would be acceptable to Lees is debatable but it would be nice to have the option.

Must admit I’m out of touch with the catering arrangements - if Lees have a contract where do Molson Coors fit in? Are they just supplying the Legends Lounge? 
I like your dig at Lees - speaking as a Middletonian I never liked their beers 😂 To be fair that was back in the 70s, I’d hope their beers have improved since. There are so many craft breweries/micros in and around Manchester these days I just thought it would be nice to see some of those beers at the ground instead of the Molson Coors overpriced garbage.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Would it help the pitch being less exposed on the main stand side when freezing weather?

You'd have to make it about 30 yards narrower to do that - it does look slightly narrower but as mentioned before it might just be because the LED boards aren't there while the pitch and 3G surround is being completed.

16 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I don’t know how lucrative the contract with Lees Brewery is but it’s definitely a beer with an acquired taste that in general I would suggest only appeals to our more senior supporters.

An additional real ale facility would be very welcome, whether it would be acceptable to Lees is debatable but it would be nice to have the option.

The Craft in the Main Stand is the best pint I've had at Latics.

16 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

The Craft in the Main Stand is the best pint I've had at Latics.

16 hours ago, underdog said:

Apologies BP. I am unable to make the fan forum tomorrow & can't ask your question. Sorry

Thanks, perhaps you could submit a pre question being well connected with the club?

Must be an age thing cos I don't mind a pint of Lees bitter. Our Frank is  a fan, too, so at least I  am in good company! As for lager, you can keep most of them for my money.

Edited by Boyyou
  • Like 2

Anyone been in the gym today? Looked like some new bits had been delivered for the dugouts yesterday. Maybe a cover for the manager's comfy seats or even something for the subs to sit on. I'll report again tomorrow if nobody has seen anything!

12 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Just put some Madri on it sells like hot cakes that stuff at the moment.

Well since Molson Coors own the brand that is quite likely.

If Diego was still about on this board he'd probably tell everyone it's also brewed in Burton.

Never drank it, never will.

12 hours ago, monkeechops said:

'Eurofizz' is cold and tasteless. Stick your Molson

Nethen, that's a proper first post, well said lad.

Fer someone who's supped draught OB and the finest J W Lees best bitter for 50 years, I know we can't get the draught in ('cause it don't keep - it's fer drinkin)  but I agree, we could do better than bring a multi-national in - we could support someone local.

Anyhow - good luck to the boys next season - and hope you are all well.

Cheers - Brian. :OASISscarf:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Does this mean we're no longer the only club in the country to have raised dugouts or are they staying? Sure I saw it on TV as a quiz question at some point.

I think other club's have raised dugouts

We are still the only ground in the country where the players walk down Steps from the Tunnel to the pitch is that what you are thinking.

Edited by GlossopLatic

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think other club's have raised dugouts

We are still the only ground in the country where the tears walk down Steps from the Tunnel to the pitch is that what you are thinking.

Tears!😂😂

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Does this mean we're no longer the only club in the country to have raised dugouts or are they staying? Sure I saw it on TV as a quiz question at some point.

theyve gota be staying. from a players point of view if lm on the bench in feb lm on the proper bench under cover wearin loads of layers squashed between two of my mates. fuck them seats!!!

l'll let you off for not being shit enough to ever have to think like this.