Ground improvements

On 6/15/2023 at 4:28 PM, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Such a simple way of making money. More forward thinking from the club. Such a refreshing change from previous owners

Completely agree, I saw it and thought “who the hell would pay for that” purely because I wouldn’t

however, it’s clear that if something is for sale, people will buy it, it won’t bring in millions but simple things like

“hey we’ve got a new pitch let’s let people sponsor it” being put forward on board meetings instead of

”let’s not pay the electric this month”

is brilliant 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

Sponsor a lick of paint around the ground, which = a lot of licks, which in turn = lots of money coming in = genius. 😇

I really think this is where the fans could help the club and make a difference.  I am sure fans / local organisations would be happy to get involved generally tidying up and painting the stadium and surrounding land to improve the matchday experience.  I appreciate everything Frank and the board have done but the club should organise some volunteering days so we can make a contribution.          

45 minutes ago, Whitts said:

I really think this is where the fans could help the club and make a difference.  I am sure fans / local organisations would be happy to get involved generally tidying up and painting the stadium and surrounding land to improve the matchday experience.  I appreciate everything Frank and the board have done but the club should organise some volunteering days so we can make a contribution.          

Agreed. Seats are filthy in Jimmy Frizzell.

Apprentices used to clean them years ago but times have changed.  🦕

4 hours ago, Whitts said:

Damn fine idea.🤩 

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Agreed. Seats are filthy in Jimmy Frizzell.

Apprentices used to clean them years ago but times have changed.  🦕

There are always Community Payback bods around the ground doing stuff like this - maybe their supervisors need to crack the whip a bit to make sure they're doing a good job.

On 6/20/2023 at 1:55 PM, Dave_Og said:

'Beers from Molson Coors'.  Yum yum.....

Depressing that, isn’t it. I’m not going to criticise the club given that the Rothwells and co have done so many great things already, but it’s a shame that instead of that multinational ogre with their bland and mediocre offerings we couldn’t have given a contract to, say, one or more local microbreweries.

Reminds me of those AB InBev lorries and their revolting slogan “making beer great”. They really don’t.

16 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Depressing that, isn’t it. I’m not going to criticise the club given that the Rothwells and co have done so many great things already, but it’s a shame that instead of that multinational ogre with their bland and mediocre offerings we couldn’t have given a contract to, say, one or more local microbreweries.

Reminds me of those AB InBev lorries and their revolting slogan “making beer great”. They really don’t.

Would real ale stay fresh for 2 weeks between home games?

15 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Would real ale stay fresh for 2 weeks between home games?

Fair point, not sure. We could always order less from a micro and serve it alongside Molson Craps . When does the ground share with Roughyeds start? Won’t be as much of a problem then. And Spurs seem to manage, though I suppose their bigger crowds and microbrewery inside the ground help.

I don’t know how lucrative the contract with Lees Brewery is but it’s definitely a beer with an acquired taste that in general I would suggest only appeals to our more senior supporters.

An additional real ale facility would be very welcome, whether it would be acceptable to Lees is debatable but it would be nice to have the option.

On 6/20/2023 at 3:56 PM, Whitts said:

Oldham college used to be a key partner for the club. Students are desperate for mandatory work experience.

From groundskeeping, construction trades, office, social media etc. Never mind art on the walls..oodles of stuff that BP could be used as a working site 

Last time I sorted it was when I was part of OASF &  it was when Neil Joy was in situ at the Club. Students even produced a goal of them month vote on Club site.

It is my hope it is revisited again to help "grow our own" future workforce beyond the footy pitch.

StadiumParc32 had a meeting with exiting principle Alun Francis before the Rothwells came in. As part of our vision for the whole BP site

So who knows

• Like 3