Fan forum 29.06.23

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Fair play to the club for organising. 

Can’t imagine there’s much to add from late March though. 

Supporters are invited to the event for the opportunity to speak to CEO Darren Royle, Manager David Unsworth and Captain Liam Hogan.  I suppose it depends on the quality of the questions?

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Fair play to the club for organising. 

Can’t imagine there’s much to add from late March though. 

apart from a more streamlined, quality squad l would imagine they are viewing it more as a momentum builder, a chance to sell hospitality/merch and an opportunity to take a few grand over the bar.

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Supporters are invited to the event for the opportunity to speak to CEO Darren Royle, Manager David Unsworth and Captain Liam Hogan.  I suppose it depends on the quality of the questions?

Yeah, the Yarney situation has been giving me sleepless nights to be fair.

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l would imagine they are viewing it more as a momentum builder, a chance to sell hospitality/merch and an opportunity to take a few grand over the bar.

Aye, fair do’s.  

• Like 1

It was 3 per season for EFL a couple of seasons ago.

unsure what it is now and for tgis league.

Good to see they are regularly doing them

Just need to improve it for those unable to attend/travel...live streamming?

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Can't go, but could someone ask if the club have entered the B team into the Central League North and the local senior cup competitions?

I am going.

last time they asked for and collated questions on the night, to be asked

If I remember I will write it down for you 

Wouldn’t a more constructive question be “what plans are there for a B team next season and , if there is one, will it be playing competitive football”? 
No need to pin an answer down to some particular competition. 

25 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Wouldn’t a more constructive question be “what plans are there for a B team next season and , if there is one, will it be playing competitive football”? 

for most it would, but he's gona be reyt fumin if they go in some other league 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

No, these are the most competitive competitions a B team should be entered, if they are specifically mentioned those fans attending will know the options. I can ensure you otherwise most fans won't have a clue. Maybe the club staff don't either.

I do having studied all possibilities.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

On 6/14/2023 at 6:53 PM, LaticsPete said:

Iyo.  

You “ have studied all possibilities “. Wow. 
Humility sometimes doesn’t go amiss. 

In other words I do my homework, lets hope the board have.  I don't like your continual jibes, seems like you question my every post, show some humility yourself I suggest.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

In other words I do my homework, lets hope the board have.  I don't like your continual jibes, seems like you question my every post, show some humility yourself I suggest.

Yes, you keep telling us you're the font of all knowledge. The club can't win here with you. They either are in one you said or they're in the wrong one that won't be as challenging so isn't as beneficial. 

I trust that there are enough people at the club with football knowledge that they will pick what us right for us. 

And no, if they pick same as you said, it's nothing to do with you it's a coincidence.

And talking of humility. Jesus wept. Do you read your own posts?

• Like 1

Never understood the pile in on BP1960 by a certain few on here, who pull him up on everything he posts.

He can be a bit touchy and maybe a bit ‘know it all’ regarding scouting and youth football, but he no doubt does know more than most of us on these subjects. He seems a sound bloke to me, who’s opinion I respect, although I’ve never met him.

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Never understood the pile in on BP1960 by a certain few on here, who pull him up on everything he posts.

He can be a bit touchy and maybe a bit ‘know it all’ regarding scouting and youth football, but he no doubt does know more than most of us on these subjects. He seems a sound bloke to me, who’s opinion I respect, although I’ve never met him.

It's the curse of social media.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It's the curse of social media.

Is that the social media bit that makes people think their opinion is the only one that matters? I've not replied to any of his posts for a while but it was getting tedious seeing him speak like he's the only one who knows anything

Know what you mean but some people just come across that way. 

I used to look specifically at several people's posts and seek to put my own connotation on them and to be honest it was pretty easy to find fault.                              Now I try to put a positive spin on them when possible and find it a more enjoyable experience. 😇