Fan forum 29.06.23

It’s not just social media but the lack of actual context with most things in the written world

how many times have you opened an email at work and thought

”fuck off you prick”

then speak to them on the phone or in person and the tone and intent of their message was absolutely nothing like what you assumed 

I do it all the time 

Reminder:

Fans Forum: Thursday 29 June, Broadway Suite, Joe Royle Stand, starting at 7pm. (Doors will open at 6.30pm)

CEO Darren Royle, Manager David Unsworth and Captain Liam Hogan will be attending.

Admission is £10, which will also entitle you to a pie and a drink!

Ask questions by either completing the field when purchasing a ticket or using a question card on the evening.

On 6/20/2023 at 12:02 AM, OAFCLongsuffeting said:

It’s not just social media but the lack of actual context with most things in the written world

how many times have you opened an email at work and thought

”fuck off you prick”

then speak to them on the phone or in person and the tone and intent of their message was absolutely nothing like what you assumed 

I do it all the time 

”fuck off you prick”

I tried to resist. I really did.

Looking forward to our phone call

Edited by L1onheartNew
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

so, somebody kind of asked the question, but mixed it in with another question. it got ignored and we moved on, none the wiser!!

Bet there is an absolute meltdown ongoing. The most strongly worded email about discrimination incoming because the question wasn't answered. If frank doesn't respect him then he'll take his work elsewhere!!! 

8 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

have they thought about a minibus for wealdstone on a tuesday type away matches rather than just tryna fill a 52 seater every time?

I think Darren Royle pitched it correctly at the meeting. It is inordinately difficult, on a regular basis, for the club to be organising affordable transport for a varying number of fans down to a handful. This, while appearing to subsidise the cost.   

15 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

I think Darren Royle pitched it correctly at the meeting. It is inordinately difficult, on a regular basis, for the club to be organising affordable transport for a varying number of fans down to a handful. This, while appearing to subsidise the cost.   

l know, thats why l'm talking about it in the fan forum thread and suggested a minibus rather than a coach because the supporters foundation showed an interest and said things like 'get more organised' and possibly help with costs and 'we need as many fans there as possible'

maybe you missed all that?

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

l know, thats why l'm talking about it in the fan forum thread and suggested a minibus rather than a coach because the supporters foundation showed an interest and said things like 'get more organised' and possibly help with costs and 'we need as many fans there as possible'

maybe you missed all that?

Maybe the club could work with the various pubs that offer away travel and advertise that on the website. 

On 7/1/2023 at 9:00 AM, mikeroyboy said:

Maybe Andy Burnham can subsidise it with is £2 anywhere idea?😄