MATCH: vs Southend (A) 05/08/23

Even the most pessimistic of fans wouldn’t have forecasted that today…Norwood must be mortified!!

It’s very early days but I’m not sure Unsworth can survive.

That was as comprehensive a victory as you could get and Frank and Co must be in a state of disbelief!!

All the euphoria, The massive shift of expectation, against a 25 year backdrop of abject misery. 

and then this . Totally humiliated by a team and club fighting for a future. 

Something is very wrong at Latics, and I suspect that we ALL know what it is. Frank needs to be very brave, and he is required to act swiftly.

• Like 1

It’s the complete lack of looking any different from last year. We didn’t even control the ball at all. Sutton at right wing back (sackable offence on its own). Hogan saying at the end of the game it’s 1 game. He can get out with Unsworth, should be embarrassed of that display today. Pathetic and sack him asap. 

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Even the most pessimistic of fans wouldn’t have forecasted that today…Norwood must be mortified!!

It’s very early days but I’m not sure Unsworth can survive.

That was as comprehensive a victory as you could get and Frank and Co must be in a state of disbelief!!

Yes, felt sorry for Norwood, this is totally alien to the class of players he's used to and you could see from his gestures the disillusionment.

2 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Either we'll improve massively over the next 6-8 games or we'll get rid and someone will have the vast majority of the season of the season to get the most out of a very decent squad. Win win for me.

Thy cup of positivity runneth over...

29 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Feels like one of the worst results that I can remember in the near 30 years of being a fan, mainly because of the height of the expectations and the bump of just how bad the defeat was.

Unsworth is under pressure right from now.  It wasn't a flash in the pan, he resorted to all of the worst traits from last season.  Absolutely nothing against Southend who deserved the win and score, but that should never have been allowed to happen.

Third in the table last season based on form since January but I’ve not attended many matches where I’ve thought we’ve been very good and nearly every match has felt like a grind. This has just floored me today, another couple of losses and there has to be a change surely 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yes, felt sorry for Norwood, this is totally alien to the class of players he's used to and you could see from his gestures the disillusionment.

Given that he had trained with us prior to signing, he knew exactly what he was in for.

Dollar bill yaw

Tbh, he looked more relaxed when Sutton and Nuttall went off

Am sorry it’s not worked out for Unsworth. Frank needs to act sooner rather than later as very soon it will be a very toxic Boundary park. 

we have a squad of players more than good enough to be top 4 in the league.

unfortunately Unsworth and his team selection and tactics are not good enough.

ok we had a good second half to the season but come on it was horrendous to watch and we had the footballing gods on our side during that time …

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Doubt it will make any difference to next weeks attendance. First home game. Fans will look for a massive reaction.

Stupid comment...

A good win would have increased the optimisation, that's gone already.

33 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

he obv likes them to get back In shape when they not on ball but over and over again it invites pressure. He isn’t going to change, the good thing is though is that the owner won’t accept anything less than a title challenge now. He either gets it to work or him and ebrell will be gone soon

Ebrell hardly inspires.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Fuck me, they actually got booed off, honestly, you can't even take these people seriously 😅

It's possible you are being heavily ironic but if fans have travelled all that way in filthy weather and seen 5 bookings, a red card and a 4-0 drubbing then I think they're entitled to boo the team off. Do you think they should have given them a standing ovation?

• Like 1

Just now, Worcester Owl said:

It's possible you are being heavily ironic but if fans have travelled all that way in filthy weather and seen 5 bookings, a red card and a 4-0 drubbing then I think they're entitled to boo the team off. Do you think they should have given them a standing ovation?

He didn’t get a bite the first time. 

So went bigger with the second post. 

His only contribution on the entire thread is to wind up other fans. 

#heusedtobefunnynowitsjustboring

• Like 1