MATCH: vs Southend (A) 05/08/23

25 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

thats not to say lm not clever AF tho. obviously 🙄

You most certainly know your stuff matey,

It's never got in my way and I've done ok, punching well above my weight in life.

Now, let's see if the manager can take the player's from nothing to something,

They need to stand up and be counted 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

You most certainly know your stuff matey,

It's never got in my way and I've done ok, punching well above my weight in life.

Now, let's see if the manager can take the player's from nothing to something,

They need to stand up and be counted 

its not like they havent had enuf warnings in pre season. been thinkin about Hogan bringing the players over and l think thats what some of the clapping was. kinda like fair enuf for coming over, yougetme? some people defo dropped a level in anger terms. 

theyve bought themselves ten minutes haven't they 🤣

Edited by Monty Burns
took a word oot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

its not like they havent had enuf warnings in pre season. been thinkin about Hogan bringing the players over and l think thats what some of the clapping was. kinda like fair enuf for coming over, yougetme? some people defo dropped a level in anger terms. 

theyve bought themselves ten minutes haven't they 🤣

Whatever it takes but let's find that steely determination and winning mentality 

Nobody would ever complain if they gave their all

I just noticed this from Connor Ripley…posted an hour after they had lost 7-0 in their first game, on his debut! (got loads of positive responses….and they won last night!)

Form is temporary, class is permanent……not sure our Manager has either

“Today was clearly not what we wanted or expected and from me personally I want to apologise to the travelling fans! It wasn’t good enough and everyone is hurting! Thankfully we have a game Tuesday to make things right!! Thank you for your support”

3 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I just noticed this from Connor Ripley…posted an hour after they had lost 7-0 in their first game, on his debut! (got loads of positive responses….and they won last night!)

“Today was clearly not what we wanted or expected and from me personally I want to apologise to the travelling fans! It wasn’t good enough and everyone is hurting! Thankfully we have a game Tuesday to make things right!! Thank you for your support”

Maybe Leutwiler will get a game...

9 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Maybe unsworth isn't on Twitter and is still ill?

Even Norman wouldn't let 7 in.

Our thoughts on Ripley are blue tinted because of how well he did here. Not done so well elsewhere

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Maybe unsworth isn't on Twitter and is still ill?

Even Norman wouldn't let 7 in.

Our thoughts on Ripley are blue tinted because of how well he did here. Not done so well elsewhere

He was at training today so must be better 

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Should sign up to twitter as well then shouldn't he

imagine if a manager did that, someone like Warnock or that Plymouth guy. but never anything about Football. all comments disabled and everything but every now n then you get a picture of some nice hills, or him on a tractor, him n wife on holiday, him playin crazy golf with the grandkids. and always refused to talk about it. l would love that 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Talk of reimbursement is silly. It's always a risk when you pay to watch your football team that they may play poorly and may get beaten. You don't pay double when we have a good win, so a reimbursement isn't necessary at all...

That's all well and good when it's just down the road at home games.

Really long away days like saturday totally change that outlook and it wouldn't harm some of the player's to realise what the fan's who make these costly,  obscene journeys, are sacrificing, in order they have some representation there.

3 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

That's all well and good when it's just down the road at home games.

Really long away days like saturday totally change that outlook and it wouldn't harm some of the player's to realise what the fan's who make these costly,  obscene journeys, are sacrificing, in order they have some representation there.

More so why I found Hogans attempt at calming the fans more insulting. Fair play he made sure the players came over, but he was also signalling saying it’s only one game. Yeah, that one game is the furthest away day of the season and we couldn’t get anywhere near the ball. 

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

More so why I found Hogans attempt at calming the fans more insulting. Fair play he made sure the players came over, but he was also signalling saying it’s only one game. Yeah, that one game is the furthest away day of the season and we couldn’t get anywhere near the ball. 

He was telling us how many games Unsworths got left. 

• Like 2

• Matt unfeatured this topic