MATCH: vs Southend (A) 05/08/23

20mins into the pod and no messing about atall from Matt, Andy or Paul. they all sound like l feel and when you've got somebody like Andy (and me on here) saying 'l can not take issue with the boooooing' then we all know where we stand.

l think we all feel slightly betrayed l think thats what it is. it's all out there now and it is simply up to the players, like it was from the final whistle on boxing day after notts thumped us.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Nigerian women showing how to close down opponents, bags of energy and passion. Complete opposite of Latics.

theyve done really well for a functional team who havent been paid.

the thought of a civil war erupting soon as they go out is quite motivational aswell l bet

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

theyve done really well for a functional team who havent been paid.

the thought of a civil war erupting soon as they go out is quite motivational aswell l bet

Shows what can be done if players have desire.

Unfortunately ours  showed none at Southend which should be a given.

Doesn't help when a formation is played totally unsuitable to those selected.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Shows what can be done if players have desire.

Unfortunately ours  showed none at Southend which should be a given.

Doesn't help when a formation is played totally unsuitable to those selected.

without hijacking the thread how good are Lauren James feet

apart from this quite blatant red card as l say it ffs

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

without hijacking the thread how good are Lauren James feet

apart from this quite blatant red card as l say it ffs

It shows the close marking can work though, something alien to Latics players and the mindset of our  coaches.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It shows the close marking can work though, something alien to Latics players and the mindset of our  coaches.

l think that was a distinct man marking tactic from the Nigerians and a bit of a masterclass tbh but the Latics' sitting off plan is not a good idea atall.

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l think that was a distinct man marking tactic from the Nigerians and a bit of a masterclass tbh but the Latics' sitting off plan is not a good idea atall.

Can't man mark women Monty.

Just watched the highlights, fucking hell even more gutless than I thought, not laying a glove on them and a million miles away, how come we look like we are running in treacle, check Kitching out for the last couple of goals. Awful from Norman, flat footed and on his heels for nearly every goal. They must be embarrassed watching it, as for the Sutton challenge, he hasn't made contact with their lad other than on the follow through with his thigh but diving in like that with both feet off the ground makes it easy for the ref.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Is Niger and Nigeria the same place? 

No but Nigeria was threatening to get involved last read up l had last night. l thought maybe they were watchin the World Cup first...

l shouldnt have said it tho its making light of imminent death n Russians doin their weekly extra bit extra to start WWIII

The more I watch of other matches, including the Women's world cup the more I realise what a dire effort was put in by the players at Southend.

Players can lack ability, but there's absolutely no excuse for the lack of desire to win any match.

If this continues  such players should be moved on quickly. Harsh maybe, but give me battlers anytime who are willing to take the game to the opposition rather than some of this insiped lot.

I hope the manager changes his defensive mind set, it's excruciating to watch and fans will soon drift away to find other more exciting teams to watch on TV.

Frank needs to be aware of this  or  his money will soon go down the drain.