MATCH: vs Southend (A) 05/08/23

12 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

He was referring to the post match interview and I agree with diggleblue. Ebbrell =  Mr Motivator.....😂

More like Mogadon John in my opinion. 😀 Though slightly less expressive.

Edited by redlion
capital

and thats not even a spelling mistake l'm also arguing with a Serbian about the stealng of African minerals by white colonists and they use j a fuckin lot 🤣🤣

also, in Russian, when you wana say fuuuuuucccccckkkkkk in an exasperated way it can sound like you are saying the presidents name. l just found that out by accident and wont make that mistake again 🤬

hopefully l got away with it but probably nyet (l did that joke phonetically because lve deleted Cyrillics in misplaced anger about a year ago!!)

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

and thats not even a spelling mistake l'm also arguing with a Serbian about the stealng of African minerals by white colonists and they use j a fuckin lot 🤣🤣

also, in Russian, when you wana say fuuuuuucccccckkkkkk in an exasperated way it can sound like you are saying the presidents name. l just found that out by accident and wont make that mistake again 🤬

hopefully l got away with it but probably nyet (l did that joke phonetically because lve deleted Cyrillics in misplaced anger about a year ago!!)

WTF?

26 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Doubt it would have changed anything.

On reflection this is a horrendous result. Psychologically damaging fit the players. Complete mood killer for the fans at the first home game. Any optimism and positivity from the signings, new surroundings and improvements has evaporated. Losing your first game of the season 4-0 in such a weak and pathetic manner is a big hole to get out of.

They are going to have to be at it from minute 1 to 90 on Saturday to get the mood back. 

l think there's a massive contradiction in your opening three sentences. if we are talking psychology then the mental state of our whole club if our marquee signing does his job after 3mins is completely uncalcuable. but l doubt we would have lost 5-1 and never touched the ball again.

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

WTF?

sorry l sometimes type what lm thinking instead of just thinking when l'm discussing Football in one place, Politics in another, using more than one language, cooking breakfast and singing along to 80's hip hop.

l'm not the quiet planning brain l used to be after all the skull fractures n that

oh and 'breakfast' is hash browns, onion rings, chicken dippers a bowl of beans with brown sauce and pepper lots and a cup of tea with no milk lots of sugar leave the leaves in (and lm not even speaking Dari or Pashto🤣🤣🤣)

l didnt choose breakfast my son did but he only came home from goin out last night about an hour ago and thats what he fancied.

lve eaten twice already.

• Like 1

An underlying problem we do have is the CEO relationship with the Manager, he's almost bulletproof as a result of this and it changes the dynamic, if Abdallah and Mo appointed one of their best mate to manage us there would be absolute uproar and rightly so, Unsworth gets a free ride on the back of this and it's very difficult for the CEO not to allow his relationship with Unsworth get in the way of business, add Joe's role and relationship in to this and you can see why it's becoming an headache for the Rothwells. 

Ultimately it's their money that is funding other peoples vanity project and at some stage they'll have to intervene, some of the footballing decisions have been really poor, there looks like no obvious plan to recruit, 4 right footed centrehalfs in the starting eleven yesterday, 6 established strikers on the books yet not one competent rightback or creative midfielder on the books, now if that were my money in any organisation I'd be asking where that sort of strategy is coming from because it's ludicrous, we can't even field a balanced eleven despite probably having our biggest budget ever, wouldn't surprise if the wage bill is double or treble what it's been in recent seasons yet we still look woefully short. 

Feel sorry for the Rothwells really as this is all turning a bit sour already, they'll be losing money on the gate already next along with shirt sales and everything else that goes with it.

Finally after reflecting on yesterday those players should be in three times a day until they can manage to apply themselves for 90 minutes on a Saturday, let them watch that shitshow in full, paid professionals who can't pass a fucking football or even show the desire to close a man down and affect a game, not one of them turned up yesterday and on the opening Saturday that is unforgivable in my eyes. Ebbrell post match comes over as weak as his team, is it any wonder we can't get a team out with any fire or drive.

anyway, Oldham Athletic.

lve just seen a video of the boooooooin and l know lve said all summer we need a fast start so a fan meltdown cant be a contributory factor to any implosion. but l felt that was tame. l fwd it to my nephew and he said anybody clapping needs banning from Boundary Park!!

As far as opening days of the season go that was an interesting one... Designated driver... Car hit in the car park whilst we were having a pre setting off breakfast leaving a dent by the rear passenger wing, perp fucked off leaving no details... Arse handed to us on a plate by a team with 14 contracted players... Blow out on the A1 87 miles from home, 2 hours in a lay bay waiting for a mobile tyre fitter who relieved me of £279 for the privilege as the car has no spare and the tyre repair kit didn't work... Flashed by a speed camera less than a mile from home at around midnight so another 100 quid and 3 points to add to the day... Still, only 3 points off the top... I may drink today.

Edited by Inspectormorose.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

An underlying problem we do have is the CEO relationship with the Manager, he's almost bulletproof as a result of this and it changes the dynamic, if Abdallah and Mo appointed one of their best mate to manage us there would be absolute uproar and rightly so, Unsworth gets a free ride on the back of this and it's very difficult for the CEO not to allow his relationship with Unsworth get in the way of business, add Joe's role and relationship in to this and you can see why it's becoming an headache for the Rothwells. 

Ultimately it's their money that is funding other peoples vanity project and at some stage they'll have to intervene, some of the footballing decisions have been really poor, there looks like no obvious plan to recruit, 4 right footed centrehalfs in the starting eleven yesterday, 6 established strikers on the books yet not one competent rightback or creative midfielder on the books, now if that were my money in any organisation I'd be asking where that sort of strategy is coming from because it's ludicrous, we can't even field a balanced eleven despite probably having our biggest budget ever, wouldn't surprise if the wage bill is double or treble what it's been in recent seasons yet we still look woefully short. 

Feel sorry for the Rothwells really as this is all turning a bit sour already, they'll be losing money on the gate already next along with shirt sales and everything else that goes with it.

Finally after reflecting on yesterday those players should be in three times a day until they can manage to apply themselves for 90 minutes on a Saturday, let them watch that shitshow in full, paid professionals who can't pass a fucking football or even show the desire to close a man down and affect a game, not one of them turned up yesterday and on the opening Saturday that is unforgivable in my eyes. Ebbrell post match comes over as weak as his team, is it any wonder we can't get a team out with any fire or drive.

It’s as simple as this… they gave him time after a poor start and over the 2nd half of the season we were the 3rd best team in the league. They weren’t going to sack him after that. 

Since then they’ve improved (but not completed) the squad and we’ve had 1 match this season. 1 match. 

There is no way on earth that the club will be happy to sit in mid table for years on end just because the CEO and first team manager get on. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It’s as simple as this… they gave him time after a poor start and over the 2nd half of the season we were the 3rd best team in the league. They weren’t going to sack him after that. 

Since then they’ve improved (but not completed) the squad and we’ve had 1 match this season. 1 match. 

There is no way on earth that the club will be happy to sit in mid table for years on end just because the CEO and first team manager get on. 

Bang on

2 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

Listened to our commentary on iPlayer (fantastic way to waste a fiver..), but didn’t catch any mention of Lundstram being out for a possible 4 weeks, as previously mentioned on here.

It was me that reported this. They definitely said it, about 15/20 min in I think. 

I remember it because it was one of the few times they imparted some useful information. 

I don’t like criticising something that I would be totally shit at, but the commentary needs to change. It might be passable when you have pictures but when you’re just listening it’s almost impossible to get a good idea of what’s going on. 

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

l started to waver in my backing after Notts County away but the effort and desire the players showed from Notts County home a few days later pushed my playing style doubts away to be dealt with in future if required (l believed there would be a change).

there wasn't a change but the midfield was still Sheron and Shelton which isnt his fault and RB isnt sorted yet which isn't a panic after one match.

it was exactly the nightmare start which l dreaded (expected?) but lve got a track record with exact nightmares depressingly manifesting so l'm stoic. but massively concerned.

2 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The abuse directed towards Nuttall is a disgrace by the way. He was one of the only players that looked like a footballer yesterday yet he still gets stick. Wouldn't blame him for leaving, a lot of fans have made their minds up about him. 

Totally agree about the abuse.

However he should have done better in stopping the first goal and then was caught in possession (as were others) far too often. He was no worse than most of the others on the pitch.

Fondop missed a great chance in the box failing to connect properly with his attempted shot and Norwood didn’t have the pace when through on goal in the second half.

Neither got any stick from the ‘fans’ I note…🤔

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

It was me that reported this. They definitely said it, about 15/20 min in I think. 

I remember it because it was one of the few times they imparted some useful information. 

I don’t like criticising something that I would be totally shit at, but the commentary needs to change. It might be passable when you have pictures but when you’re just listening it’s almost impossible to get a good idea of what’s going on. 

Thanks.

I don’t usually listen to the commentary online, but I’d agree, it was poor.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Totally agree about the abuse.

However he should have done better in stopping the first goal and then was caught in possession (as were others) far too often. He was no worse than most of the others on the pitch.

Fondop missed a great chance in the box failing to connect properly with his attempted shot and Norwood didn’t have the pace when through on goal in the second half.

Neither got any stick from the ‘fans’ I note…🤔

I understand this point and plenty of others have made it. Is the view though that no player should get stick no matter how badly they play, or that they should all cop for it every time they fuck up? 

I always find booing our own players bizarre and wrong.

7 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

I understand this point and plenty of others have made it. Is the view though that no player should get stick no matter how badly they play, or that they should all cop for it every time they fuck up? 

I always find booing our own players bizarre and wrong.

As I said at 5pm, I'm not booing but I sure as hell aren't staying to applaud

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

As I said at 5pm, I'm not booing but I sure as hell aren't staying to applaud

I was exactly the same. I just walk out of the ground if I’m not happy with the performance, which unfortunately happens far more than it should 

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

How is coming on halfway through the first half a cameo? Sutton did ok to a point, certainly got more decent crosses in than Kitching did. Couldn't give anyone more than 5/10

Kitching's attitude in not chasing back hell for leather when he lost possession was typical of the attitude of many of the players. That was the real problem, too many don't want to work hard and that has to change.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Kitching's attitude in not chasing back hell for leather when he lost possession was typical of the attitude of many of the players. That was the real problem, too many don't want to work hard and that has to change.

Thought that was supposedly the hallmark of an Unsworth team?

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So much for the Unsworth ethos or are they being over-trained or even incorrectly? Given the noise coming out of the club regarding player pastoral care, it certainly shouldn't be the case. Unsworth should, but probably will not, be interviewed by the OT to explain what went wrong, however, I think we will have to suffice with the lame interview from Ebbrell.

7 hours ago, Inspectormorose. said:

As far as opening days of the season go that was an interesting one... Designated driver... Car hit in the car park whilst we were having a pre setting off breakfast leaving a dent by the rear passenger wing, perp fucked off leaving no details... Arse handed to us on a plate by a team with 14 contracted players... Blow out on the A1 87 miles from home, 2 hours in a lay bay waiting for a mobile tyre fitter who relieved me of £279 for the privilege as the car has no spare and the tyre repair kit didn't work... Flashed by a speed camera less than a mile from home at around midnight so another 100 quid and 3 points to add to the day... Still, only 3 points off the top... I may drink today.

Sorry inspector but that has made me chuckle, great times following Latics, things can only get better 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Inspectormorose. said:

this is like a standard day for me!! you gave me and my lad a laugh (well, he made the standard day comment, but..)

hope you had a nicer time of things today ✊🏻

• Like 1