Dickenson

If Wikipedia is to be believed Dickenson scored 5 in 68 in the four seasons prior to joining us, albeit at a higher level, and  26 in 205 before that so a goal every 8 games or so.  Seems a little surprising given the quality of his finishes on Saturday - so was it a bit of a fluke or can we hope/expect for a decent goals return from him this season?

I had a look at his stats this morning thinking the same thing. Looks like he scored 12 goals in 36 games for Colchester in 16/17 but only scored between 1-3 goals a season prior and after that. 

He has played a lot of games at left back I believe in the LWB role in a 5 at the back. Assume we have played him further forward and he may be able to chip in with more goals. If not, we have goals elsewhere in the team, but Tollitt, Green and hopefully Dickinson are able to chip in with a few goals. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I had a look at his stats this morning thinking the same thing. Looks like he scored 12 goals in 36 games for Colchester in 16/17 but only scored between 1-3 goals a season prior and after that. 

He has played a lot of games at left back I believe in the LWB role in a 5 at the back. Assume we have played him further forward and he may be able to chip in with more goals. If not, we have goals elsewhere in the team, but Tollitt, Green and hopefully Dickinson are able to chip in with a few goals. 

With Kitching in the side he has to play well forward. Couto looks to have slipped well back.

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If Wikipedia is to be believed Dickenson scored 5 in 68 in the four seasons prior to joining us, albeit at a higher level, and  26 in 205 before that so a goal every 8 games or so.  Seems a little surprising given the quality of his finishes on Saturday - so was it a bit of a fluke or can we hope/expect for a decent goals return from him this season?

He will probably be closed down better by opponent in future. I don't think Aldershot knew too much about him, but then again neither did we.

He will still score a few though as his skill will be too much for many teams at this level.

Norwood however should score plenty as he's a penalty area predator and very difficult to contain.

Good to see us shooting on sight though and Nuttall in a more creative position linking well with Norwood.

All in all a much better formation, and what a difference a natural right back makes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

He also took one decent free kick in the first half. He got forward a lot on Saturday and obviously has the skills to strike a ball well.

On another note, I wonder if Nuttall will still be our penalty taker this season? 🤔

Just now, TheBigDog said:

He also took one decent free kick in the first half. He got forward a lot on Saturday and obviously has the skills to strike a ball well.

On another note, I wonder if Nuttall will still be our penalty taker this season? 🤔

What's his record?

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I imagine it'll be Norwood on pens

30 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Will penalties count if Norwood takes them or will they not count in the same way that they don't when Nuttall takes them? Will a new ammendment be put in to pavs law?

As I see Norwood as being a decent price for top scorer in the division I'd like to know if he's the penalty taker 

1 hour ago, Gentleman said:

Despite being naturally left footed, it was great to see how often he tucked inside and ran beyond Nuttall/Norwood to create space in front of the back four when the ball was moving across the right hand side of the pitch. A great home debut.

And crossed with both left and right feet.

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

l said in a wtsp chat 'he scores goals' based on what was in my head about him. then l went and checked and he supposedly didn't, nobody picked me up on it tho. then he played and he did score goals so fuckknows.

maybe he has scored against us or in some big TV game or both and thats what it is.

21 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Looks to me like they may have factored in pens into his odds.

Think Il'l wait till we get one, see who is taking it and then log back on quick if it's Norwood before any odds changes.

We only scored 6 last season but I'd expect us to score 10+ this,  with more of a goal threat, so if Norwood does take them then 30+ for him is not out of the question if he stays fit 

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Looks to me like they may have factored in pens into his odds.

Think Il'l wait till we get one, see who is taking it and then log back on quick if it's Norwood before any odds changes.

We only scored 6 last season but I'd expect us to score 10+ this,  with more of a goal threat, so if Norwood does take them then 30+ for him is not out of the question if he stays fit 

Doubt that will be possible while a game is on. Most bookies suspend outrights markets while games are being played.

As soon as the markets reopen on the other hand, but I'd wager bookies will factor it in by the time they factor in new odds.