Chaddy end open saturday

46 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Was in the chaddy end when it was terracing so quite nostalgic about it, however I think RRE is the more “dominant” stand and more fitting for the home fans these days 

Think they should call it the Town End or The Jimmy Frizzell Stand…I do not like any of our stands having a reference to Rochdale!!😡

• Like 3

12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Stupid diluting the home fans further, cost involved as well, all the little nob ends will start congregating over in that corner by the away fans paddock. Makes no sense when the ground is half empty. Might ease the queues at the kiosk in the RRE would be the only reason I could give for it.

12 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Pointless 

this. they think it will improve the atmosphere, Darren said it in pre season.

theyre wrong.

• Like 1

Whatever the stand you're in I think the catering is pretty naff. I'm talking about the pies here. I go in the JR stand and i've tried all the pies on offer and they are pretty awful. This is Oldham. I think we should be showing the rest of the country that when you come here you can rely on a really good pie. I know there are very good bakers in the area that produce some tasty goods, surely Frank can have a word and get something done. As i've said on here before, Village Manor Bakery in Waterhead would fit the bill.

• Like 3

Just now, redlion said:

Whatever the stand you're in I think the catering is pretty naff. I'm talking about the pies here. I go in the JR stand and i've tried all the pies on offer and they are pretty awful. This is Oldham. I think we should be showing the rest of the country that when you come here you can rely on a really good pie. I know there are very good bakers in the area that produce some tasty goods, surely Frank can have a word and get something done. As i've said on here before, Village Manor Bakery in Waterhead would fit the bill.

Agree 100%…the pies are tasteless, lacking content and bloody expensive!!

I could put up with paying £4 if they were tasty but they’re rank!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redlion said:

I had pie, peas and gravy in Bar Station Zebra and it was banging 😋

Mind you having 4  bar staff to serve 200 in the queues (and not having any pre-poured pints) meant I’d eaten it well before I got my pint…

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Well that’s a good article and you can understand why Frank & co chose Arundel, great story.

Does this mean Arundel are not as good as they were then?  Or have we changed supplier? As you say, we need to know! Piegate!!

The atmosphere from the old Chaddy and the view from the Rochdale Rd end would be the perfect mix. At least the club is trying something to help and if it doesn't work then it as you are. Sat in the Chaddy many a time and watched a distant goalmouth mêlée only to realise Latics scored when the Rochdale stand erupted.  It's special.

3 minutes ago, Wardie said:

The atmosphere from the old Chaddy and the view from the Rochdale Rd end would be the perfect mix. At least the club is trying something to help and if it doesn't work then it as you are. Sat in the Chaddy many a time and watched a distant goalmouth mêlée only to realise Latics scored when the Rochdale stand erupted.  It's special.

simple return the Chaddy to a terrace.

44 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Oh no further proof that I’ve lived in the south for too long 😢

Down here I’d run a mile from a pie priced at £4!! That said, if there are good alternatives as @redlion says then yes, the club should be shopping around.

lve paid £12 for a pie at the Cricket but it was mega and there was other stuff on there. infact painfully remembering it, it cost over £20 bc there was two of us there. was really nice tho.

Football food is a joke by comparison so l bring my own butties!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I had pie, peas and gravy in Bar Station Zebra and it was banging 😋

Mind you having 4  bar staff to serve 200 in the queues (and not having any pre-poured pints) meant I’d eaten it well before I got my pint…

I suspect the gravy and peas made it tasty, the pies are "built" down to a price point. Cheap and nasty. They remind me of a crap pie I had from the Pound Bakery in Royton a few years ago.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

lve paid £12 for a pie at the Cricket but it was mega and there was other stuff on there. infact painfully remembering it, it cost over £20 bc there was two of us there. was really nice tho.

Football food is a joke by comparison so l bring my own butties!!!

I’m going back a long way now, I took my daughter to what if I remember was Capello’s first match in charge of England, must have been about 2008? I was stunned to discover the pies there (“hand crafted” 🙄) were £12!!! All those years ago.

I don’t mind sports venues having a monopoly on food and drink provided they charge fair prices and have plenty of choice, otherwise as you say let fans take their own buttes!