Chaddy end open saturday

Stupid diluting the home fans further, cost involved as well, all the little nob ends will start congregating over in that corner by the away fans paddock. Makes no sense when the ground is half empty. Might ease the queues at the kiosk in the RRE would be the only reason I could give for it.

• Like 2

Good idea. Only negative is the costs involved. Had a real issue with balls being lost in there and so could help to rectify that, will help to bring the queues down in other stands.

9 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Maybe the players have commented on how flat it feels having a completely empty stand behind one of  the goals. A few hundred people cheering us on that end could make a small difference.

Think this could be a factor too.

40 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Stupid diluting the home fans further, cost involved as well, all the little nob ends will start congregating over in that corner by the away fans paddock. Makes no sense when the ground is half empty. Might ease the queues at the kiosk in the RRE would be the only reason I could give for it.

I can't imagine them allowing them to sit near away fans with them knowing the kind of tossers that would just try and cause trouble. Maybe have them top tier 

1 minute ago, Flemboy said:

Don't see the need unless our support increases a lot in the next few weeks.Thought the whole idea was to save staffing costs.

The idea of this is obviously going after bettering the atmosphere 

24 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Swear I seen have recent research which suggests that teams perform better when home fans are behind both ends. Probably the thinking behind it. 

I’m sure I’ve heard Frank reference this recently.

Well, they pretty much say as much in the article:

We want to make the most of home advantage by giving the players the benefit of a backing from behind both goals, so we will be allowing supporters to return by initially opening the middle section of the stand.”