MATCH: Woking (A) 18/11/23

5 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

We gave it up 20 years ago, don't miss it one jot.

The thought of some of my hard earned, going to multi millionaire news readers, and the likes of Lineker still upsets me. 

Just glad we don't contribute anymore

I've had similar reasoning for never contributing to anything owned by Rupert Murdoch over the last 30 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My phone ran out of juice so I missed the 12:55 alarm. I also missed the first twenty minutes...thankfully by all accounts.

All I saw was Latics zipping the ball about with one and two touch football. And, attacking! Wave after wave.

It was excellent and a joy to see. Reminiscent of Lee Johnson's team; although I think that MM is old school enough to avoid power points.

I can definitely ride this wave.

Edited by L1onheartNew
  • Like 1

That’s the first time in a long time I’ve come away from a ground thinking ‘we looked a good team there’.

Everyone put in a shift and we played some lovely football once we’d settled down. Gardner was pick of the bunch for me,  frustrating as he’ll be injured again soon, Norwood got better and better as the game went on and was so cool for his finish, and I’d forgot Mgahey was still at the club prior to Altrincham but he’s grabbed his chance superbly.

As someone else has said, you have to wonder why Raglan has been out of favour for so long, and it has to be tempered by the fact that Woking were woeful and in dreadful form, and it is Latics so we’ve all been here before not to get too giddy., but very positive signs.

Lets see what Barnet brings now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, daniel said:

Wasn’t planning on going to this and was ready to miss my 2nd away game of the season, until the mrs woke me up at 8 this morning and wanted to go, great decision in the end. 
A slightly slow and laboured start in the first 20 with Hudson making a great save, but thought we were still overall the better side. That last 60-70 mins of that game however was 1 way traffic and I thought we were excellent, and 5-0 wouldn’t have flattered us. Only disappointment was not killing the game off and typical of us heading into injury time having to defend a couple of set plays, but we even did that well throughout against a big side. Everyone played well today but special mentions to Gardner and Norwood who were absolutely fantastic. 
Great away following, although plenty of faces I didn’t recognise, presumably fans getting their fix whilst it’s international break. There were definitely a couple of Ipswich fans there who came along to see Norwood. Very flat atmosphere though unfortunately. These open terraces really are hard to get anything going at times. 

Need to kick on now. 

@daniel I think we may have been stood either side of the father and son Ipswich fans, always interesting to get a neutral perspective. 

40 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Here’s a starting eleven from the players who DIDN’T start at Woking:

Norman,
Sutton, Hobson, Hogan,
Green, Shelton, Dickenson, Hope,
Willoughby, Nuttall, Reid

😮

All that does is highlight the weakness in the first eleven in the centre of the park because if we lose one or two of Lundstrum, Sheron or Gardner we dont have suitable replacements. 

Given we haven't really had Lundstrum and Gardner for much of the season it's not difficult to see why we've struggled and getting those two playing regularly in the same side is key for me.

We are currently so reliant on a 33 year old to have us playing football, he's featured in 11 league games and our record in those is;

P11 W5 D5 L1 

Which would put you on 80+ points over the course of a season.

One quality signing to compliment that midfield would help us massively as the three I've mentioned can't play every minute of every game.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

All that does is highlight the weakness in the first eleven in the centre of the park because if we lose one or two of Lundstrum, Sheron or Gardner we dont have suitable replacements. 

It also highlights the strength we have in central defence and the options we have in attack.

Lacking quality at fullback and midfield… seems like we’ve been saying that for a long time now…

Depending on whether he stays, our backup goalkeeper is okay too…😃

• Like 1

• Matt unfeatured this topic