MATCH: Woking (A) 18/11/23

Not sure what to expect to be honest. We seem to be trying to keep the ball a lot more and build a possession based style but we have to take our chances unlike last weekend. 

Not sure on the team either as the rumour mill on Twitter reckons Reid is injured and Hope is on Int duty. If Reid is injured I would give Willoughby a go with Norwood.

Know nothing about Woking other than they are in shocking form and just binned their manager. Will go 2-1 Latics Norwood and Hobson. 

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

This is a big game. 

We need to start replicating the home form and take our chances, they have a caretaker in charge. 

Hoping for a win.

Expect a draw. 

Didn't Fylde have a caretaker manager and play like men possessed?

Hope we don't take this lightly and take the initiative from the start.

Edited by BP1960

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Eight games between now and New Year, you'd like to be winning at least five of them to start cutting down that gap to the top seven.

Doesn't look like there is anything in the pot to do anything transfer wise until January so it is up to those already in the building.

I think that's about right. Need 15-18 points out of the next 24 if we're to move into promotion contention.

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Eight games between now and New Year, you'd like to be winning at least five of them to start cutting down that gap to the top seven.

Doesn't look like there is anything in the pot to do anything transfer wise until January so it is up to those already in the building.

Probably see the new year in then in 11th/12th 🤦‍♂️

I really wish the bloke who does the clubs interviews would think about his questions. Micky seems really open and honest, and I’d love to know more about how he’s finding things. But the guy asks the same 5/6 generic questions every week and all Micky can do is repeat what he’s said countless times. It’s so boring.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Looks like  long haired Alfie Atherton in first team contention.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2023/november/17112023-woking-a-training-gallery/

Or maybe as people told you before the meet the manager, when you were moaning, that some of the youth train with the first team along with most of those on loan. 

24 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Or maybe as people told you before the meet the manager, when you were moaning, that some of the youth train with the first team along with most of those on loan. 

I have blocked you, but couldn't help notice you gave no credit to me for being among the first on here to spot Atherton's potential 

I really feel sorry for you when it appears your only pleasure in life is bringing people down to your level.

It's no use you replying as this is a  one off reaction. Disappointing for you I know as you love a confrontation.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Is there something wrong? Knock it on the head will you.

• Like 4