MATCH: Woking (A) 18/11/23

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

It always matters, especially as we've got ground to make up.

Pah, you're missing the point.  Even if they'd have equalised, the performance was something which offers optimism going forward.

Almost textbook away display...and result aswell.

• Like 4

I hope all the doubters can see today what has been coming for weeks. 

6 great chances again. 

Reduced them to very little from open play. 

Very composed in possession. 

Moving the ball quickly from back to front. 

We are becoming very enjoyable to watch, whilst looking very solid. It’s a fantastic combination. 

• Like 1

Standouts for me Gardner, Norwood and Raglan. 

Very enjoyable game and a decent following.
Would’ve liked to have seen Willoughby brought on for Fondop last 10 minutes as he was goosed. 
Hudson not much to do apart from a great save first half. Starting to look solid at the back now. Interesting to see how he fits Hobson back in the team, as Raglan was class today and McGahey has looked solid and  a more vocal captain than Hogan.

• Like 1

I think Norwoods movement today was fantastic. Didn’t see loads of the ball but when he did it created space and chances. He doesn’t need to do a lot in a game but will score goals that is why he has to play. 

Gardner, Lundstram, Green when he came on and the two CB were superb. 

Much improved performance, took us a while to get into the game which may show us we need to be a tad more patient as a fan base. With a few additions of quality there is no doubt we can jump up that table. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Looked like a pub player at times after that though, particularly with anything in the air. Still I'll take the clean sheet.

Joking, aren't you?  He hardly had anything to do and did anything he needed to do he did well..

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

I think Norwoods movement today was fantastic. Didn’t see loads of the ball but when he did it created space and chances. He doesn’t need to do a lot in a game but will score goals that is why he has to play. 

I think he wanted to be a part of it more as the game went on.  In the second-half he played like the striker we've paid for.

To add, though Fondop missed 2 absolute sitters, his impact was very good. Held the ball up well, won his headers and harassed the fuck out of their defenders. 
Wasn’t on the same wavelength as Norwood early on in the game where balls went through to the keeper, but I thought he’s worthy of a start next game.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

It's like the best present we could ever receive 

Year's of misery finally starting to turn a corner 

Chuffed!

I didn’t see the game but it did sound pretty resounding albeit only by a goal. It seemed we completely controlled the game and Norwood received high praise today . 

1 minute ago, ceskylatic said:

To add, though Fondop missed 2 absolute sitters, his impact was very good. Held the ball up well, won his headers and harassed the fuck out of their defenders. 
Wasn’t on the same wavelength as Norwood early on in the game where balls went through to the keeper, but I thought he’s worthy of a start next game.

I knew that’s what Fondop would do, he’s not the answer to all our woes but he’s really handy to have around . 

It seems a big thing MM has done for this group is installing some belief. They played with confidence and patience. Never looking panicky even at the end when they threw everything at us. 

Not sure where the idea that MM doesn’t have teams that play good football. Some of that passing was as good as I’ve seen from us since we’ve been down in this league. 

Edited by nzlatic
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I didn’t see the game but it did sound pretty resounding albeit only by a goal. It seemed we completely controlled the game and Norwood received high praise today . 

One of the most one sided 1-0's you will ever see🙂

Passed it too a blue shirt well, switched the play well, defended well, worked as a team well, and just seemed comfortable in a 4 4 2 formation.

Only slight negatives were we need to be more clinical in front of goal, and we need some pace on the right side.

Everyone got an at least 7/10 for me today which is what we need if we are to get up the table.

Best away performance for a long time so very encouraging 😁👍

Btw Raglan looked class today and don't understand why he has been utilised so little.

• Like 4