MATCH: Gateshead (H) 23/12/23 🎄

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So we don’t question or discuss Mellon at all?

What has he tried changing at home? 

442 to 352. That’s it. 

The performance is largely same. Start really passive, sometimes come into game, sometimes don’t. 

The same players go out and play much better away from home. So they can do it. 

It’s not ALL on the players. 

I have full confidence that given his own players he’ll get us where we want to be- but there is a limit to that this season. So just saying the squad isn’t good enough, when the week before they played well it’s absolute nonsense. He himself says all the time it’s on us not them. 

With different personnel - like Moore yesterday for example.

Knock yourself out if you want to discuss Mellon - personally think it's ridiculous to be questioning him with the hand he's been given, thanks to Unsworth.  He can only shit with arse he's given.  I don't think anyone else would be doing any better.

Again thanks to Unsworth, I've written this season off.  We aren't good or consistent enough because the players have repeatedly shown they're not up to it.  Unfortunately it's another rebuilding job and - for me anyway - Mellon gets a pass until he can put his own mark on the squad.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

With different personnel - like Moore yesterday for example.

Knock yourself out if you want to discuss Mellon - personally think it's ridiculous to be questioning him with the hand he's been given, thanks to Unsworth.  He can only shit with arse he's given.  I don't think anyone else would be doing any better.

Again thanks to Unsworth, I've written this season off.  We aren't good or consistent enough because the players have repeatedly shown they're not up to it.  Unfortunately it's another rebuilding job and - for me anyway - Mellon gets a pass until he can put his own mark on the squad.

Two different conversations Joe. 

Is he under pressure? Absolutely not, for the reasons you mention. 

Is this season a write off, where any old finish is acceptable. No chance, and Mellon himself said publicly the aim is the playoffs. . 

Never underestimate how shit you can be and finish 7th in this league. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Two different conversations Joe. 

Is he under pressure? Absolutely not, for the reasons you mention. 

Is this season a write off, where any old finish is acceptable. No chance, and Mellon himself said publicly the aim is the playoffs. . 

What an early school-boy error it would've been if he'd have said "the aim is mid-table".  We've spent cash (albeit badly), it's a disgrace that the club is in this division and, as you say, the division is shit.  We should always be aiming for the play-offs minimum, but the reality is the players have never shown they're good enough to make the play-offs - even in this shit division!  How often have we actually sat above that dotted line since we've dropped??

Mellon's right - of course we should be aiming for the play-offs.  In reality, though we haven't got it in us.

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I also think this season is a write off but your point is valid, we are shite but only a couple of wins off the pace. However, even if by some miracle MM manages to drag these raffle winners into 7th and with a further miracle promotion I still think he would want to rebuild next summer ready for L2 so weirdly these two lines of thought are not entirely mutually exclusive 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

How is he supposed to sugar-coat it?

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

He’s not, and shouldn’t. 

That’s not the point.

The point I was making is that if his words have a familiar ring to them, it’s because nothing is improving at home.

I was surprised that he made little effort to change the formation yesterday. 

Revert to 442, Hogan and Stones off, Hope and Fondop on - and do it before we go behind 😮

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

It’s great being honest. But he’s the manager, it’s his job to change it. . . 

Oh don't worry I get that, I actually trust him to do that but not until he can get a couple of his own players in, most of these are not up to it. First thing I would is drop Raglan, he was beyond poor yesterday. 

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Revert to 442, Hogan and Stones off, Hope and Fondop on - and do it before we go behind 😮

Yep weird subs and formation yesterday coupled with the revelation that Stones didn't train all week because of his Osgood - Schlatter's disease!

I fear we will be stuck with this squad for the rest of the season. Mellon has been here long enough to be able to bring some of his own in and here we are.
Can‘t see any league clubs lining up to take any players off our hands, so not sure January coming round will make much of a difference. 
I guess Freeman‘s contract will be up soon so we can use that money elsewhere. Maybe some more loan options will be available.

I am praying we bring in a bloody RB/RWB soon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He's a young lad and I'm certainly not writing him off yet, just like I don't get carried away with good debuts, but Kofi Moore's performance yesterday when he came on is up there with the worst Oldham debuts I've ever seen...

Can't fathom why he played through the middle before Fondop, rather than Hope or Willoughby and instead of Stones!

I want a right back and 2 wingers for Christmas please Santa 🎅.

14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He's a young lad and I'm certainly not writing him off yet, just like I don't get carried away with good debuts, but Kofi Moore's performance yesterday when he came on is up there with the worst Oldham debuts I've ever seen...

Have to agree, was terrible. On the basis it appeared he couldn’t trap a bag of cement I’ve written him off. Let him go back to that club on loan. 

27 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I understand he's a right winger so why throw him on to an unfamiliar central role on his debut?

30 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

At least Jordan Bove had the sense to get himself off after 2 minutes before we could criticise his ball control. 

14 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I thought he was absolutely piss poor for the 2nd goal...

McGahey couldn't be arsed tracking his man, had to make a save from a lad 2 yards out and it wasn't the kind of floated cross you just come and claim. McGahey at fault

9 hours ago, disjointed said:

I have no problem with Hudson being 1st choice goalie, but the 1st goal the cross for the 1st was inside the 6 yard box, that is his territory, come for it with a punch he his tall enough. 

Not an easy one to come for

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

5 central defenders at home against a quick passing team was a recipe for disaster. Not sure what his assistant does as I see no sharpness,  team shape, off the ball play, or closing down.

Carry on like this and the board will be concerned  a couple of thousand fans won't bother attending again.

Ye, with zero idea who he is or what he brings to the table, you start questioning his assistant. Strange