MATCH: Hendon (H) 13/01/24

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

As I had a reasonably significant ew bet (top 3)! I fully expect us to finish 4th

Cashed mine out many moons ago, personally I think we could just sneak it and wish I'd let it ride, were we about 6/1 top three or was that for promotion?, or was it 7/2 top 3?.

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Cashed mine out many moons ago, personally I think we could just sneak it and wish I'd let it ride, were we about 6/1 top three or was that for promotion?, or was it 7/2 top 3?.

Best price I got was 11/1 to win , 1/4 odds for top 3

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I was on at 11's, 6's for promotion and 7/2 top three, all cashed out now.

I very rarely cash out anything. It's never good value as you are paying the bookie's margin twice.

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I very rarely cash out anything. It's never good value as you are paying the bookie's margin twice.

I just thought what they offered at the time was overpriced based on what I'd seen, I still fancy us for playoffs though now so may revisit that one.

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I had Latics to win 3-1 at Solihull and cashed out when the score got to 3-1… it was good value for me that day 😉

37 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I had Latics to win 3-1 at Solihull and cashed out when the score got to 3-1… it was good value for me that day 😉

Dave's point is you'd have made more backing Solihull/Draw in play elsewhere.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

🤔 Don’t understand - can you explain?

Ok think you said you had an OAFC win at 3/1 - so say £10 on, returns £40 (£30 winnings plus £10 stake) - £30 profit. Let's make numbers up and say the cash out was £30, giving you £20 profit.

At the same point you could probably have backed the 'double chance' Solihull/Draw for, let's say, 8/1. So you could have stuck a fiver on that instead. If OAFC hold on for the win, you're £25 up (the £30 profit from above, minus your £5 hedge). If they don't win you've lost your original £10, but gained £40 profit from the hedge, so £30 up.

So either £30 or £25 profit, rather than £20 through the cash out.

Obviously made up numbers, but the theory is real :chubb:

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Ok think you said you had an OAFC win at 3/1 - so say £10 on, returns £40 (£30 winnings plus £10 stake) - £30 profit. Let's make numbers up and say the cash out was £30, giving you £20 profit.

At the same point you could probably have backed the 'double chance' Solihull/Draw for, let's say, 8/1. So you could have stuck a fiver on that instead. If OAFC hold on for the win, you're £25 up (the £30 profit from above, minus your £5 hedge). If they don't win you've lost your original £10, but gained £40 profit from the hedge, so £30 up.

It is but unless you bet on the exchanges you'll have your accounts restricted for arbing, particularly if you are successful at it.

31 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It is but unless you bet on the exchanges you'll have your accounts restricted for arbing, particularly if you are successful at it.

My experience is that regular  £5 or £10 cover bets have never been an issue. have also had £40 and £50 bets to cover when my bet is losing on a regular basis, never had a problem with bookies, is it possible that the trigger point is higher or maybe have I just been lucky

2 hours ago, aliofashy said:

My experience is that regular  £5 or £10 cover bets have never been an issue. have also had £40 and £50 bets to cover when my bet is losing on a regular basis, never had a problem with bookies, is it possible that the trigger point is higher or maybe have I just been lucky

I'm talking from experience all be it in another sport, Bet365 are particularly bad for restricting bets.

6 minutes ago, Charles or Eddie said:

So much chat about betting on here all the time. Bit of a worry 😟 

I wish that I knew what they are talking about. One bet, one win. Aldaniti' 1981.

Quit while you are ahead...

10 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Cheers 👍

The bet I had was Latics to win by a score of 3-1 which had odds of 16-1. I cashed out when we were leading 3-1 and the game ended 3-2 when Solihull scored a 94th minute penalty…

I definitely got less value by cashing out but if I hadn’t or had gone for Solihull/draw I would have got zip 😮

3 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

I wish that I knew what they are talking about. One bet, one win. Aldaniti' 1981.

Quit while you are ahead...

My win was on Chaddy the Owl at 40/1 in the mascot race.  Back then he did that run from one penalty to the other to kick a penalty. I remember thinking he was fast and so put a tenner on 😁.