MATCH: Hendon (H) 13/01/24

I have been banging on about it for ages but this set of chancers are mentally weak as piss. 

It's going to take a long time to instill any sort of winning culture at this club and it will take longer than any other place because of how utterly turgid we have been for the last 30+ years.

I genuinely have no idea when we'll go back up and I'm not sure it's going to happen anytime soon. 

28 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

I have been banging on about it for ages but this set of chancers are mentally weak as piss. 

It's going to take a long time to instill any sort of winning culture at this club and it will take longer than any other place because of how utterly turgid we have been for the last 30+ years.

I genuinely have no idea when we'll go back up and I'm not sure it's going to happen anytime soon. 

trying too hard. F.

• Like 1

Having watched Norman literally hand them the winner I'm not sure you could have the confidence to even name him on the bench again, what the fuck was he even attempting there, weird one that - on a par with when Fashanu headed it in to his own goal against us for Wimbledon back in the day. If Marc White still wants him I'd be shipping him out as he clearly has no desire to be here anymore.

1 hour ago, GKing521 said:

What are you talking about? We’ve got 23 points from 12 league games under Mellon. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

What are you talking about? We’ve got 23 points from 12 league games under Mellon. 

I have seen nothing from this team to suggest it has the guile to go up via the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

I have seen nothing from this team to suggest it has the guile to go up via the playoffs.

Not saying we’re great, coz we ain’t but we have seen that this squad can get results against the better sides in this league, so for me there is at least an argument to suggest we have the guile to go up via the play offs.

Of the current top 7 we have: 
Drawn at Chesterfield

Beat Barnet away

Beat Solihull away

Beat Rochdale away 

Drawn at home to Altrincham and beat them away in the cup

Lost at Bromley

We seem to do better against the better sides. The home form from now until the end of the season has to be better granted, especially as we play most of these at home but with some additions yet to come in and because outside of Chesterfield the league is pisspoor I see us with half a chance. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Having watched Norman literally hand them the winner I'm not sure you could have the confidence to even name him on the bench again, what the fuck was he even attempting there, weird one that - on a par with when Fashanu headed it in to his own goal against us for Wimbledon back in the day. If Marc White still wants him I'd be shipping him out as he clearly has no desire to be here anymore.

Horse shit.

Goalkeeper who hasn't played for months makes a mistake and then you wouldn't name him on the bench? Overreaction 

No desire to be here? Because he made one mistake after not playing for months. Overreaction 

25 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Of our playoff rivals which teams do you think have the guile to go up and why? 

47 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Horse shit.

Goalkeeper who hasn't played for months makes a mistake and then you wouldn't name him on the bench? Overreaction 

No desire to be here? Because he made one mistake after not playing for months. Overreaction 

He was shit yesterday and didn't look arsed, that's my opinion. 

I'd wondered why he'd not played for months after showing promise last season, now I know why.

8 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

This is what happens when you make so many changes for a game, reminds me of the Everton team we knocked out of the FA Cup although those years ago, players of the quality of Thomas Gravesen came in but they didn't look a team. Incoherent team selection pitted against a committed group playing in the biggest game of their lives has all the ingredients for a cup upset.

I do think Mellon must have known defeat was a potential consequence of so many changes but clearly prioritised the league game against Boreham Wood on Tuesday, as would many fans. I don't think he'll be crying too many tears about easing our fixture list. 

Disappointing from my perspective, the arguments about best opportunity of getting to Wembley for a cup final are well rehearsed. 

If MM had read the weather forecast last week he'd have had no need to prioritise the Boreham Wood game. It's near zero chance of being played.

20 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Perspective, BP. We are 6th in the league and have a great owner. Last season we were bottom half and had the owners from hell.

I think last season we had the same great owners as this season didn't we??....unless you know something I don't?

And for perspective 2H of last season we were the 3rd best team in the division( even with the Rhino at the helm) based on results, driven by some good home form.

MM needs to address this somehow as 1 home win 9 is utter shite, and it's probably all we deserved.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If MM had read the weather forecast last week he'd have had no need to prioritise the Boreham Wood game. It's near zero chance of being played.

BP please give it a rest about the fucking weather forecast.

You can't pick a team on Saturday assuming a game on Tuesday will be called off.

Never heard such drivel....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

You can't pick a team on Saturday assuming a game on Tuesday will be called off.

He played a much weakened team and paid the price. Poor management  and he admitted as much saying he takes the blame.

Fans let down again by another poor home performance and 2 centre backs as full backs is something he surely must have known wouldn't work.

He needs stop this  centre backs obsession and play an attacking formation at home.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I mean there's a very strong chance the game will be postponed if the forecast is right so it really should have been taken into consideration....

35 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So BP, are you really suggesting that you make a decision which could cost us a league game on the basis of the accuracy of a weather forecast 4 days ahead.  Wow you do talk silly sometimes!

37 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why are you constantly criticising Mellon. He used his squad after a busy Christmas period. The team were more than capable of beating Hendon. We may even need some if injuries and suspensions hit. It was the perfect opportunity for some to maybe push into the first team.

i am disappointed but we move on and now must cement our place in the play offs.  

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

you wouldnt think he had been stung by the same none prediction twice already this season would you???

suppose if you chuck enough shit at the wall...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Bound to pop up after a home defeat. Classic don't use words you don't know the meaning of.

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He played a much weakened team and paid the price. Poor management  and he admitted as much saying he takes the blame.

Fans let down again by another poor home performance and 2 centre backs as full backs is something he surely must have known wouldn't work.

He needs stop this  centre backs obsession and play an attacking formation at home.

Look I'm in a sort of agreement with you about the team selection being too weak and the formation changes poor.

I'm just saying you DONT pick a team Saturday assuming a game on Tuesday will be postponed due to the weather forecast, which is cold but hardly arctic. Shouldn't matter who you are playing you pick a team to win the game.

OK. So we have had 14 pages to vent our displeasure.  I didn't go to the game, but obviously is was bloody awful. The players on show have been called out on here as Chancers, as weak as piss, mentally weak, as having attitude issues, some played out of position, and were just fringe players .

I have two main problems about yesterday. First off, the manager showed zero respect to Hendon. We are Oldham athletic not bloody Real madrid. We should have played our best eleven, then if we got 2 or 3 in front, then brought the players on that made a dog's breakfast of the whole game. They should never have been trusted from the start.

Double M knows who can, or cannot perform to his standards. Did he not see that his starting eleven could ( and did ) make a complete balls up of it ? So we can all come up with our version of why we failed so miserably.  But the top and bottom line is, that a lot of those who played so poorly yesterday, are plain and simply nowhere near good enough as football players, to get us to where we all want to go.

I'm sure that double M had lots of things made very clear to him yesterday, how he reacts to that should be very interesting.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Why are you constantly criticising Mellon. He used his squad after a busy Christmas period. The team were more than capable of beating Hendon. We may even need some if injuries and suspensions hit. It was the perfect opportunity for some to maybe push into the first team.

i am disappointed but we move on and now must cement our place in the play offs.  

My guess is Mellon factored defeat in to his selection. Knowing that if the fringe players couldn’t deliver and we get knocked out then at least our schedule doesn’t get clogged up. The next round is Saturday February 10th. We’re playing Bromley at home that day so if we won yesterday that would need moving. 

I’m not saying he lost deliberately, just that he probably wasn’t arsed about the competition as he wants to give us the best chance of going up. 

• Like 2