Sai Sachdev on loan?

44 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He is a current  England under 19s international not under 17s.

Don't forget we have had a full back loanee who went on to win full England caps...Ryan Bertrand.

As for Sutton I'd have him in place of Hogan or Raglan. The alternative is he will be sold to an EPL club.

He needs to perform better at centre back than he did towards the end of the 21/22 season...

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

He needs to perform better at centre back than he did towards the end of the 21/22 season...

What you on about. If he wasn't being held hostage playing RB for us, he'd be in City's starting line up at CB by now 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

When he was 19yo?. I remember he turned in some good performances, even Tarky was caught out many times at that age.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

When he was 19yo?. I remember he turned in some good performances, even Tarky was caught out many times at that age.

Quite right, I remember Paddy wasn't a fan of him either, Tarky's not done too bad for himself though despite what all the shrewdies used to think of him on here. 

5 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What you on about. If he wasn't being held hostage playing RB for us, he'd be in City's starting line up at CB by now 

You don't half talk some shite, what's wrong with you and our young players? You're happy to defend dead leg players and previous dead leg owners for that matter but don't seem to have any time for lads trying to push on through our youth system, you were the same with Vaughan. Strange behaviour.

Edited by yarddog73

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I remember many years ago watching another young Sheffield right back who went on loan to Northampton and also represented England under 19s. He turned out decent....Kyle Walker.

Who's to say this lad won't do the same?

Some on here said there's no chance EPL clubs would loan players to us. This has shot that one down.

I remember a few years another young sheff united defender call Jo Cummings who was being raved about in some quarters as the next big thing. 

He ended up getting released and has never played a game in the football league.

Great story hey? But similar to yours, completely pointless.

Why link 2 random people?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Quite right, I remember Paddy wasn't a fan of him either, Tarky's not done too bad for himself though despite what all the shrewdies used to think of him on here. 

I like Sutton. But he needs to perform better at CB than he did under Sheridan...

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You don't half talk some shite, what's wrong with you and our young players? You're happy to defend dead leg players and previous dead leg owners for that matter but don't seem to have any time for lads trying to push on through our youth system, you were the same with Vaughan. Strange behaviour.

I bet he hasn't seen Alfie Atherton yet, but will still diss those who have.

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Tarky always had an air of elegance about him though. It was like his class was waiting for his legs and brain to align.

They did just that.

Sutton's legs just seem to confuse each other and his brain is screaming ffs! One of you.

13 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Tarky always had an air of elegance about him though. It was like his class was waiting for his legs and brain to align.

They did just that.

Sutton's legs just seem to confuse each other and his brain is screaming ffs! One of you.

Fair comment but then we didn't ask Tarky to play as a fullback/wingback for more than a season and worse still judge him on that. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fair comment but then we didn't ask Tarky to play as a fullback/wingback for more than a season and worse still judge him on that. 

Yep, Sutton will go back to what he should be- a young centre half trying to become a first team regular- something I think he’ll do next season after they release Hogan.

• Like 2

This is an interesting signing. Is it a stopgap until Mellon's long term solution becomes available in the summer, or has the management team been patient in pursuit of their preferred round peg? It will be something of an anti-climax if he doesn't debut on Saturday! 

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

This is an interesting signing. Is it a stopgap until Mellon's long term solution becomes available in the summer, or has the management team been patient in pursuit of their preferred round peg? It will be something of an anti-climax if he doesn't debut on Saturday! 

Would think he's a certain starter next match so we can play a back three with him and Kitching as wing backs and Conlon slotting into midfield alongside Sheron and Lundstram ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

He usually puts his new signings on the bench. I don't know why when he praises them highly in training then starts the likes of the disappointing McGahey. 

33 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Would think he's a certain starter next match so we can play a back three with him and Kitching as wing backs and Conlon slotting into midfield alongside Sheron and Lundstram ? 

That's my expectation too. I fully expect him to start was just being a little mischievous suggesting otherwise.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He usually puts his new signings on the bench. I don't know why when he praises them highly in training then starts the likes of the disappointing McGahey. 

Stones started all four games while he was here but you're right, Walker as on the bench at Dorking. I expect Sachdev to start on Saturday.

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I don't think it's his policy to put new signings on the bench. Stones started the day after he signed. Conlon not starting is more likely to be about it being a trophy game than because he just signed. Walker was on the bench but he wasn't an obvious starter in the 352 formation.

Fully expect Sachdev to start on Saturday given rwb being a long standing issue.

14 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Walker was on the bench but he wasn't an obvious starter in the 352 formation.

He hadn't featured competitively for Morecambe since November - doubt he was match fit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Got a feeling it’ll be Conlon, Sheron and McGahey in the middle. Not saying McGahey has been great, far from it, but Lundstram has been disappointing, and been hooked the last few games.

Can see Reid replacing Willoughby on the bench, if fit.

13 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Got a feeling it’ll be Conlon, Sheron and McGahey in the middle. Not saying McGahey has been great, far from it, but Lundstram has been disappointing, and been hooked the last few games.

Can see Reid replacing Willoughby on the bench, if fit.

If McGahey is selected at the weekend after his last two performances I'd be staggered. I'd prefer it to be Conlon with Lundstrum or Sheron and Gardner. 

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If McGahey is selected at the weekend after his last two performances I'd be staggered. I'd prefer it to be Conlon with Lundstrum or Sheron and Gardner. 

MM seems to like McGahey in that role in front of defence, especially in away games. Whichever combination of 3 are played, Conlon and Sheron have to come in IMO.

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Aside from the Altrincham game McGahey has been poor in central midfield. Had a great game against Woking at centre half and should remain cover there. Although arguably i'd have him in ahead of Hogan as he has a decent left peg.

Edited by dannyboy55555