Halifax Away Tickets

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

1600 standing. that's an 'initial allocation' right? that stand is massive must hold double that amount..

Plus 800 seated. 2400 on a Tuesday night would be enough no? 

5 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Took 2,404 last time. On a Saturday, and on tv.

Usually less on a Tuesday though isn’t it. Didn’t sell out 1500 at York, and I know it’s a bit further but I still reckon 2400 will be enough. 

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Usually less on a Tuesday though isn’t it. Didn’t sell out 1500 at York, and I know it’s a bit further but I still reckon 2400 will be enough. 

We had 4 tickets left out of a 1500 allocation. Halifax is a lot nearer.

27 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

We had 4 tickets left out of a 1500 allocation. Halifax is a lot nearer.

So my statement of not selling out was correct then? Everyone who wanted to go was able to do so, and I reckon even if they don’t give us more than the initial 2400 it’ll be the same for Halifax. Definitely agree that results of our next 5 could determine that, but I’ll maintain 2400 will be enough. 

Edited by daniel
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, daniel said:

So my statement of not selling out was correct then? Everyone who wanted to go was able to do so, and I reckon even if they don’t give us more than the initial 2400 it’ll be the same for Halifax. Definitely agree that results of our next 5 could determine that, but I’ll maintain 2400 will be enough. 

Unless there was a group of 5 mates who wanted to go. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, daniel said:

Tbh I think the official wasn’t very clear on this. So many times it was rumoured to have been sold out, then some were available, then sold out. People tried buying some of the apparent remaining tickets and had trouble doing so.

A lot of clubs have done this before where they release an initial allocation and then give us more. I don't know if it is to make us scramble for the first few tickets so they get money early or they just don't want to print all tickets out to save on trees :)

I have not looked but does the official Latics message say "initial allocation" or just that we have been given 2,400?

11 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I have not looked but does the official Latics message say "initial allocation" or just that we have been given 2,400?

I'm quite familiar with Halifax and I'm pretty convinced their chairman will allow more away tickets to be sold, and more blocks of the seating away end to be open, to boost their income...

• Thanks 1

football ground guide gives the standing section as 'around 1450' so 1600 must be its 'capacity'.

any further tickets if granted would be seated in the north terrace. be an interesting tagline to watch if we maintain our teatime factored PPG the next few matches. l got three standing yesterday.

On 2/22/2024 at 10:17 AM, oafcmetty said:

Took 2,404 last time. On a Saturday, and on tv.

I sat down for this and there were loads of empty seats so if we took 2,404 then there is definitely scope for more tickets to be sold if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

1500 sold for Halifax pretty poor that 

I’m just wondering when all them plastics at Rochdale  are going to buy their tickets for Halifax. Poor following given the distance and how good it was last season 

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Symptomatic of the lack of buzz at the moment.

There was more life when that dope Sheri was taking us down...

Put this in a group chat 

Find our fans very weird atm we sit 5th highest position in years. First 10 games bottom 4 but it feels like we aren’t challenging for out just playing dead rubbers.