Halifax Away Tickets

5 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

But what if the cinema manager explained that he can’t get the fancy dan blockbusters just at the moment, because the production companies have them at the big chain screens, but trust the process and after the summer, you’ll get hold of plenty of the dick-hardening high octane action movies and you can gladly throw those low-budget movies in the skip, located just off Hollins Road? 

When people comment on the money we've spent and the astronomic wages (for this level) we are paying some players, that's just not the case, though, is it?

Had lunch with my nephew today, who went to Aldershot and his view is that there is something seriously wrong in the dressing room. Went as far as to say that MM has lost it (the dressing room) because many players just downed tools and didn't seem to care. If that's right then its bye bye to the play-offs.

I have been surprised by some of the reactions to yesterday's loss after MM's incredible away run but again my nephew says it is all down to the performance. In his view it was the worst he has ever witnessed. That says something because I thought Woking and Kidderminster were as bad as you could get but he says yesterday's performance was way below both of those.

Halifax on Tuesday should tell us if the dressing room has been lost or not.

3 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

When people comment on the money we've spent and the astronomic wages (for this level) we are paying some players, that's just not the case, though, is it?

Had lunch with my nephew today, who went to Aldershot and his view is that there is something seriously wrong in the dressing room. Went as far as to say that MM has lost it (the dressing room) because many players just downed tools and didn't seem to care. If that's right then its bye bye to the play-offs.

I have been surprised by some of the reactions to yesterday's loss after MM's incredible away run but again my nephew says it is all down to the performance. In his view it was the worst he has ever witnessed. That says something because I thought Woking and Kidderminster were as bad as you could get but he says yesterday's performance was way below both of those.

If there is truth that "Mellon has lost the dressing-room", then it's the players that need to go.  Most of them didn't perform for Unsworth and if another manager is struggling with them - one with a proven record - then it's not the manager that's the issue.

This will be the highest level a lot of these players will play at, based on some of their performances.  I think they need reminding of that sometimes.

It's funny - you always get 100% from the divisive players like Fondop and Sheron.  Personally, I'd rather have these sort of players playing for the team, rather than the slightly more talented players who appear completely disinterested...

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

I have been saying for quite a while that something is wrong, that hasn't surfaced yet. But it will soon. 

44 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

I have been saying for quite a while that something is wrong, that hasn't surfaced yet. But it will soon. 

So why is he picking the same players then?

2 hours ago, spanishfly said:

Wondered when the ‘he’s lost the dressing room’ bullshit might come up.

that’s on the players. It’s not as if they were performing before he came in is it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spanishfly said:

Can you stop referencing your nephew it's just weird, it doesn't make your comments any more credible and it looks to me like your just making shit up based on this post.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can you stop referencing your nephew it's just weird, it doesn't make your comments any more credible and it looks to me like your just making shit up based on this post.

His nephew might be Alex Ferg.??

5 minutes ago, funkychicken said:

Got a ticket for Halifax but can't go because of work. Does anyone know if the ticket office will refund me if I take it back on Tuesday?

Probably be postponed anyway 

35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

😂

3 hours ago, funkychicken said:

Got a ticket for Halifax but can't go because of work. Does anyone know if the ticket office will refund me if I take it back on Tuesday?

Yes they will refund you

4 hours ago, funkychicken said:

the answer is literally printed on your ticket

14 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Why is it weird to reference a chat with someone who went to Aldershot and updated me on the game? 

14 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

Wondered when the ‘he’s lost the dressing room’ bullshit might come up.

that’s on the players. It’s not as if they were performing before he came in is it 

Agree with you on the second point.

My "relative" doesn't tend to bullshit.

15 hours ago, Wardie said:

Go on then, BP, name an alternative line-up [subs included] without any youth team additions.

My line up would be 442 with 2 wingers including one from the youths as I think he's good enough.

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

Who's that?

Think I might have mentioned him before.🙂

Alfie Atherton, the one who tore apart Manchester United u21s and scored in the recent arranged match and the best prospect I've seen in many a long year.

Could be EPL bound before MM gives him a chance though, his performance wouldn't have gone unnoticed by United.

17 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Substitute nephew for bloke in the pub.. that’s what a wise one would do. The blokes barmy af clearly. And a liar. 

• Like 2