Micky Mellon Sack Watch

6 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Am I wrong with my point? No. 

Tell us what Darren Royle has been responsible for exactly and how he has failed...

He is responsible for blowing the budget on shit isn’t he? 

Edited by AndyB2

I've waded through this thread, it's took some time!!.

It's clear in that last MM interview, he left the board in no uncertain terms early days that this squad was seriously lacking the required ability for promotion out of the NL. Any OWTB 's users disagree with his verdict?. We can all argue he should even so got a better tune from them.

So, let's start from there. I agree with MM and for me from the first few games under DU I knew this side was poor. It can also now be taken that harsh words had been spoken to certain players by MM that saw players leave on loan and I dare say some who refused. If that resulted in MM losing the backing of some the remaining players who then went on to put in substandard performances they shouldn't be professionals. Self pride should always win through or bloody mindedness to prove MM wrong.

It's absolutely following on failed policy to sack him now. We've done this to death over many many years without success. MM is hurting, the booing and stinging criticism from the fans which he knows is warranted (The criticism not the booing, I'll never ever see the gain in that) and it's hurting him. He knows he told the board what was coming. The trouble is and he also knows it will be the huge cost to remove these players on contracts to make way in any budget he'll need to bring in what he say's "he knows what it needs". With his track record of promotions he's entitled to say that!!. 

The board need to learn the lesson where it's failed since Frank took over. Does Frank have the will to back MM judgement with the big cash it will need after all his investment to date?. It will sure test his will if Season ticket sales flounder. 

I trust MM that he "knows what it needs"

• Like 11

Think Darren Royle should be given a bit of slack (although he certainly shouldn't be bulletproof).

Folk forget that if he didn't go knocking on Franks door, we'd have gone bump.

• Like 1

We are at a crossroads. Either the board back Mellon. Allow him to pay off the players he thinks aren’t good enough and bring his own players in. Or the board sack him and bring someone in who can work with these players. 

after the recent comments if he’s not lost the dressing room he will have now. 

• Like 1

That after match presser is Mellon basically giving the board an ultimatum.

Never mind promotion…..if we keep this current combination of squad & manager we’ll be lucky to stay up next season.

If the unwanted players aren’t paid off there’s no way he can remain as manager and will probably walk!

12 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Twist and go again with someone new who will still inherit our bunch of frauds who arn't good enough.... but may have a different view on how we play .

it’s not a difficult decision. A new manager will still inherit the same problems next season.

We have to stick to a plan and see that plan through. Offer MM the chance to make sweeping changes and hope that it’s enough to turn a squad (that still won’t quite be there, it must be said) from play-off fringes to where Bromley and Barney are; two teams which have evolved to where they are over 3-4 seasons.

Sacking MM, as much as a growing number of fans want to do, simply puts us at bigger risk of a repeat season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

We are at a crossroads. Either the board back Mellon. Allow him to pay off the players he thinks aren’t good enough and bring his own players in. Or the board sack him and bring someone in who can work with these players. 

after the recent comments if he’s not lost the dressing room he will have now. 

Don’t believe they are the only options. There is a third which is to allow him to shape the team over time in order to manage our finances effectively. Give him 2 years to do that. Evolution not revolution.

not to say that’s what I want but it is an option. Probably means at least one more season where struggle to make an impact at the top of the table 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

That after match presser is Mellon basically giving the board an ultimatum.

Never mind promotion…..if we keep this current combination of squad & manager we’ll be lucky to stay up next season.

If the unwanted players aren’t paid off there’s no way he can remain as manager and will probably walk!

Now I have been the biggest critic of these players for some time and others seem to be seeing the light now with a lack of posts trying to claim that are better than their league position. They are not. Some muppet suggested McGahey was a good player a few weeks ago. 

but to suggest that are relegation fodder is probably a step too far 

Why this obsession with paying players off? Tell them in no uncertain terms that even though they are under contract, they will not be part of the first team picture next season and they are welcome to go out on loan for the season or seek a permanent move away. Most footballers, despite what we may think, would probably prefer to be playing rather than sidelined doing nowt!

5 minutes ago, Uppermill Latics said:

Why this obsession with paying players off? Tell them in no uncertain terms that even though they are under contract, they will not be part of the first team picture next season and they are welcome to go out on loan for the season or seek a permanent move away. Most footballers, despite what we may think, would probably prefer to be playing rather than sidelined doing nowt!

Because the perception is, rightly or wrongly, that Darren and co have put them on salaries way above what they will get if they moved away and so they are likely to be happier sitting on the sidelines. 

there may be some truth in that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

It’s simple. A team containing Sheron and McGahey won’t ever be enough to finish above 10th. 

Agreed. Please add the likes of Lundstram and Conlon to your midfield get rid list though. After watching us for just 3 games starting back in January, it was obvious that midfield was our major weakness. So many times, poor teams have completely overrun us in the middle of the park. Awful recruitment in a vital area of the pitch.

• Like 1