Micky Mellon Sack Watch

It's not you, it's me. 

At what point do we have to look at a guy who's been a serial winner at this level and wonder if he's the problem (some of the criticism above is very reasonable and fair), or if it's us.

Something has to give. Is changing the manager changing every 12-18 months the answer? Has it ever been?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ackey said:

At what point do we have to look at a guy who's been a serial winner at this level and wonder if he's the problem (some of the criticism above is very reasonable and fair), or if it's us.

Something has to give. Is changing the manager changing every 12-18 months the answer? Has it ever been?

He gets my backing until he fails with a team that is his and balanced. 

This squad has such obvious weaknesses that it’s impossible to even judge the man. As you say, he’s been promoted out this league twice, has 5 promotions. I’m pretty sure he’s not the issue and it just might be the club that has been in a constant decline for 30 years… 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

He wants out, clear as day.

He certainly doesn’t appear to look as confident and upbeat as he was in his early interviews!

After the Unsworth debacle their must be get out clauses inserted into his contract.

If there was I’m pretty sure attaining a playoff position would have been one of them.

Whether he walks or is sacked is anyone’s guess but I still don’t think he’ll see next season out!

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

He gets my backing until he fails with a team that is his and balanced. 

This squad has such obvious weaknesses that it’s impossible to even judge the man. As you say, he’s been promoted out this league twice, has 5 promotions. I’m pretty sure he’s not the issue and it just might be the club that has been in a constant decline for 30 years… 

I am dubious of any manager that hasn’t identified a right back was massively needed. And eventually manages to bring a young kid in who was out of his depth

• Like 1

He’s the epitome of a dour Scot, interviews are seldom upbeat. How he motivates players is open to question and the interview after Oxford was a master stroke. Two games to still play and he’s more or less saying he needs to get rid of a raft of players (some of whom he needs to pick in the match squad).

57 minutes ago, Hurtman said:

I am dubious of any manager that hasn’t identified a right back was massively needed. And eventually manages to bring a young kid in who was out of his depth

Didn't identify we needed a RB by signing a RB?

Who should he have signed instead? Remembering that people playing very well week in week out weren't available unless you throw big money at it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Who should he have signed instead? Remembering that people playing very well week in week out weren't available unless you throw big money at it

They threw the money at more strikers in Garner and Dallas which was totally unnecessary when we had obvious weaknesses elsewhere. 

• Like 1

That side picked tonight I can't defend MM. OK its a very weak chance of play offs..... but it's an absolute must win. So how many goals between the 11 starters? Below 10?

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

That side picked tonight I can't defend MM. OK its a very weak chance of play offs..... but it's an absolute must win. So how many goals between the 11 starters? Below 10?

What would you have changed?

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They threw the money at more strikers in Garner and Dallas which was totally unnecessary when we had obvious weaknesses elsewhere. 

And garner started very well and it looked like gold business. Dallas came with creditability as well. Sachdev didn't work out

32 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

🤣🤣 Throw money at that position before spunking it on other areas of the pitch that, albeit not great, were not as obviously a massive issue that got targeted week after week

That first half v Halifax was the worst passing I've seen from any team, even at pub level.

Mellon should hang his head in shame at turning out a team like that.

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

That first half v Halifax was the worst passing I've seen from any team, even at pub level.

Mellon should hang his head in shame at turning out a team like that.

It absolutely wasn’t…it was poor but we’ve been far far worse than that!

• Like 1

One win in THIRTEEN in the fifth tier.

One of the most expensive National League teams, ever.

It’s a sackable offence and he should go. 

I knew something was very wrong after that Kidderminster performance hence why I started this thread.

Sorry Micky, but your time is up. 

It wont be exact , but i am sure we went practically 3 months without a win culminating in a home defeat to Orient in the FA CUP 3rd round. This was the low point. Shortly after Paul Jones from Bolton , Andy Linighan from Leeds and the other Leeds signings soon after and the good times began.

That was mid season . This shower needed to win 1 game in March or April to hit the playoffs. I would get rid of every single one of them if it was possible. 

No matter how much we call for his head, he ain't going anywhere unless he walks..which he may do. He's already saying his hands are tied and to me that means not much will change next season. Stick or twist with the manager but the players are either totally shit or have completely downed tools and I don't think anything will change with a new man in charge.

Imposter syndrome is rife at BP.

I think I heard Norwood get jeered when he held the ball up out wide but then lost it because there was no one within 30 yards. Again, neatly summarising our problem - a total lack of desire from too many in the team. 

But sure, let’s hound out the top scorer who makes an effort because he’s having a lean spell. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Wardie said:

No matter how much we call for his head, he ain't going anywhere unless he walks..which he may do. He's already saying his hands are tied and to me that means not much will change next season. Stick or twist with the manager but the players are either totally shit or have completely downed tools and I don't think anything will change with a new man in charge.

Imposter syndrome is rife at BP.

100% this. It’s just wasted breathe/typing for all those crying for him to be sacked. 

Surely for those who do think he should be sacked, you also think major changes are needed to the team? Or do you think Mellon is the main problem?