BPAS PODCAST: 18th Mar '24, S4E31: Field of Dreams

It took until 16th March but finally Latics put in a performance that matched the hype that came with some of our most prominent signings. Ultimately it resulted in disappointment as the points were shared but still, a cracking game of footy at BP for a change!

Find all our links ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠here⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠!

You can support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/oafcpodcast/subscribe⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠.

If you'd like to make a one off donation, you can now also Buy Us A Coffee by clicking ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠here

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠

You can also support us by visiting ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Please subscribe to our ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠YouTube channel⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠ to watch the Latics Football Phone In live every Wednesday from 8.30pm.

BPAS and Latics Football Phone In are ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠KUPOD⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠ productions.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

Like most, I really enjoyed Saturday. Left BP happy despite the disappointment. That was some performance on the quiz! 

On reflection, it was a really good, blood & thunder match. It reminded me of some of those L1 matches with Huddersfield, Wigan and Burnley. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Tip of the hat to Paddy.

That Paul Beavers consolation v Gillingham a Latics Mind worldie..

Great striking combination - Beavers-Agogo.  Or is that a strip joint in Blackpool?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We would struggle to shift 15k for Wembley, I reckon it would be about 12k.

It's hard to say. If every Latics fan went, it'd probably be about 10k. 

If we get there, I'm intending to get as much family/mates with an interest along as possible as it's a one off. If everyone did that, we'd probably hit 15k+..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Outstanding Podcast - Andy and Matt spot on with their analysis of the game.

The team was up for it and looked far more balanced. The front two plus Lundstram were the pick of a very good starting eleven 👍

I was going to mention something about Dallas, but Andy got in there first. Thought the ball bounced off him a lot on Saturday and quite often he slowed the momentum of our moves. But in behind the defenders, he's a threat...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

At a pub not far from here last year he turned up for the pub quiz with Taylor Swift

Given he was on Gogglebox once and it turned out he didn't know who The Clash were, I'm guessing they didn't win...

17 hours ago, JoeP said:

Given he was on Gogglebox once and it turned out he didn't know who The Clash were, I'm guessing they didn't win...

it's a slow Monday afternoon so....  When I went for an interview for a job in NatWest at the Greenfield branch in 1980 the manager asked if I'd be interested in working for the bank in London.  I got back in the car afterwards, flicked the radio on and the first track on was London Calling.  The rest is history.

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 3