BPAS PODCAST: 18th Mar '24, S4E31: Field of Dreams

• Matt featured this topic
8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Outstanding on the quiz Paddy. No idea how you do it, but very impressive. 

Photographic memory and years of reading football programmes whilst the rest of my mates were out having fun...

• Like 2

If Notts and Chesterfield shared 36,000 last season meaning 18k each, surely we'd match or eclipse that given our standing as the best pound for pound supporters in the league™?

Bank holiday weekend too and the first genuine sniff of glory in over 40 years. Oldham will be empty, man.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

If Notts and Chesterfield shared 36,000 last season meaning 18k each, surely we'd match or eclipse that given our standing as the best pound for pound supporters in the league™?

Bank holiday weekend too and the first genuine sniff of glory in over 40 years. Oldham will be empty, man.

I can think of at least 20 extras I know that would want to come along. 

I'm sure plenty of others have +1s who have heard the comedic Oldham tales - been dragged along to the odd away match, experienced being a part of loud away ends and would like to end up seeing a grand crescendo under the arch. 

Since about 2007 we've only topped 8k fans at two games - Dorking at home (the Frank game) and Hudds in the FA Cup.

(and Kiddy, thanks Paddy)

Edited by oafcmetty

17 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Since about 2007 we've only topped 8k fans at two games - Dorking at home (the Frank game) and Hudds in the FA Cup.

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

And Kidderminster...

And Liverpool....and Everton....

OK unlikely to be many Scousers if we get to Wembley but I still think we'll get a decent turnout including day trippers.

8 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

How is home match attendances comparable to a major final at a flagship stadium that most supporters will never have been to, on a bank holiday weekend?

The only thing stopping us taking 20k is a train strike that weekend.

Agreed. 

Finals are something the whole town gets behind, it becomes much bigger than the normal fanbase for the reasons you mention. 

We should shift 20k quite comfortably. 

23 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

How is home match attendances comparable to a major final at a flagship stadium that most supporters will never have been to, on a bank holiday weekend?

Absolutely everyone will come out the woodwork for this one it might be under 20k though but it will be atleast 15k.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

That and the regularity with which this team has failed to deliver when the expectation levels rise 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

And Liverpool....and Everton....

OK unlikely to be many Scousers if we get to Wembley but I still think we'll get a decent turnout including day trippers.

Talking Oldham supporters only. For Liverpool we had 7,509, Everton 6,690.

On 3/18/2024 at 11:40 AM, Dave_Og said:

it's a slow Monday afternoon so....  When I went for an interview for a job in NatWest at the Greenfield branch in 1980 the manager asked if I'd be interested in working for the bank in London.  I got back in the car afterwards, flicked the radio on and the first track on was London Calling.  The rest is history.

Pretty obscure track by the clash called 'Bankrobber' . Just wondering like lol

13 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Pretty obscure track by the clash called 'Bankrobber' . Just wondering like lol

Well, Daddy was a bank manager... I didn't have much vocational imagination aged 17. But obscure??

• Like 1

Well I guess it was a bigger tune than I remember . I also would have said Rock the Casbah was bigger, just shows how the sands of time erode your memory.Great band though .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

🤣🤣🤣 brilliant

do u like the Audioweb cover?

It's not as bad as I recall first time around. I vaguely remember them supporting Black Grape and I even vaguely (given what I'd consumed) remember them playing at that free outdoor concert in Werneth Park that Dodgy headlined.

I think I liked the time, drugs and free love in 1998 than the Audioweb cover.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It's not as bad as I recall first time around. I vaguely remember them supporting Black Grape and I even vaguely (given what I'd consumed) remember them playing at that free outdoor concert in Werneth Park that Dodgy headlined.

I ended up selling stash tins off a blanket in the park that day when a mate handed me shopkeeper duties for 10 minutes then I didn't see him for about 3 hours. By which stage the worse for wear entrepreneur in me was knocking them out buy one get one free forgetting I was halving our profits but impressed at the business I was doing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

I ended up selling stash tins off a blanket in the park that day when a mate handed me shopkeeper duties for 10 minutes then I didn't see him for about 3 hours. By which stage the worse for wear entrepreneur in me was knocking them out buy one get one free forgetting I was halving our profits but impressed at the business I was doing.

Still, good win for "Team Synergy" though. Where did Sir Alan send you for your reward treat?

• Like 1

Just now, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Still, good win for "Team Synergy" though. Where did Sir Alan send you for your reward treat?

We probably ended up in The Plough or Black Horse on Manchester St but Sir Alan would have had us buying our own no doubt.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I saw them at Werneth Park around the same time. There's a video of them on