Team as it stands

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LJ says he wants 3 more first team and 2 with potential to break through according to Chron

1 striker

1 winger

1 centre mid

A back up left back and winger

So Dieng (defence/midfielder)+ Gros striker (more "striker" with a return of 2 goals in 54 games in 4 years) 2 of the First team and Morgan-Smith (striker) one of the back up.

Hopefully Gros is not included in that tally of 5, and is here to prove himself (hope he does).

SO really a more significant striker, and a winger needed.

EDit just seen online Chron where LJ is quoted as wanting 3 more inc from Prem but can afford 2. 1 winger from Prem. + 1 moreAnd poss Llera.

Hopefully a striker not mentioned and kept under wraps, or Forte..

Edited by singe

So Dieng (defence/midfielder)+ Gros striker (more "striker" with a return of 2 goals in 54 games in 4 years) 2 of the First team and Morgan-Smith (striker) one of the back up.

Hopefully Gros is not included in that tally of 5, and is here to prove himself (hope he does).

SO really a more significant striker, and a winger needed.

EDit just seen online Chron where LJ is quoted as wanting 3 more inc from Prem but can afford 2. 1 winger from Prem. + 1 moreAnd poss Llera.

Hopefully a striker not mentioned and kept under wraps, or Forte..

could be Petrasso (the prem winger). Edited by Ryan

Personally:

Rachubka

Brown Kusunga Wilson Mills

Kelly Jones Dayton/Winchester

Morgan Philli/Turner

JCH

Impressed by Winchesters control of midfield and Turners turn of pace against Curzon so feel they will push for places this season.

Connor Brown doesnt deserve to lose his place, and Wilson didnt really impress me enough to take it off him ( I know already he will be a boo boy, RBs are prime candidates)

Kusunga over Lockwood puely because of his athleticism, but we need a leader back there somewhere so lockwood may slip back in, and Kusunga/J Wilson be moved to RB.

Re post above - Id love Petrasso back, was a quality player.

If he doesn't go to a championship club which I think is most likely then I'd hope we'd have as much chance as any other League 1 club in getting him.

I think he'd be lethal coming in off the left, all he did last season was improve, with us, Coventry and back at QPR.

Rachubka

Brown - Kusunga - Wilson - Mills

Petrasso - Jones - Kelly - Dayton

JCH - Philliskirk

Could make a case for Dieng, however at home I'd prefer less defensive minded players. The 4-1-4-1 that served us well away from last season, but with Dieng holding ,could prove to be very useful for us going foward.

Of course the above is on the basis we can get Petrasso back on loan.

That's what Johnson said when he went back to QPR from us. The next week, he signed for Coventry...

I remember that and was bemused and disappointed at the time. Perhaps he wanted to be closer to London?

He's gone abroad with QPR's first team any road

Am i the only one who didt actually rate Petrasso all that much?

I can remember a decent 10mins vs Bradford at home off the bench, and a decent turn and shot vs Liverpool; and then i'm out.

He had pace, and not much else for me...

No, not at all, and this is a conversation I have had with others.

For a player with genuine pace, he was painfully hesitant about attacking the space in behind a fullback that his pace should have allowed.

He forever wanted to turn inside which slowed the speed of an attack, and the killer......was a poor striker of a football with either foot!

Bar one decent cross for a Wes header against (very possibly wrong!) Stevenage, a bullet strike against Liverpool, and that 10 minute Bradford cameo, he left me frustrated.

Looked the part - was sadly lacking for me!!

Petrasso.............

Better than Sidney-Yes

Better than Montano-Well, never mind!

Better than Dayton-Yes

Better than Worrall-Yes

Is he the finished product? No or we wouldnt get him!

I would have him back tomorrow-for the season! We need pace up top, everything else you can work on!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I can remember a decent 10mins vs Bradford at home off the bench, and a decent turn and shot vs Liverpool; and then i'm out.

Found out! You didn't go to Gillingham!

Petrasso will go on to be a top player - real potential imho

Rachubka

B Wilson Kasunga Wilson Mills

Dieng / Mellor

Jones Kelly

Winchester

JCH New Striker

From the team so far and what i saw against Newcastle and Morecombe i would go for a diamond midfield 4. I would then hope that B Wilson and Mills could get up and down to support breaks as and when with Dieng/Mellor being disciplined filling in when one side breaks.

Still need a striker IMO this could be Forte but i don't think Gros is good enough to be a starter nor is Philli fit enough yet...

Rachubka

Dieng / Mellor

Jones Kelly

Winchester

JCH New Striker

From the team so far and what i saw against Newcastle and Morecombe i would go for a diamond midfield 4. I would then hope that B Wilson and Mills could get up and down to support breaks as and when with Dieng/Mellor being disciplined filling in when one side breaks.

Still need a striker IMO this could be Forte but i don't think Gros is good enough to be a starter nor is Philli fit enough yet...

We'd be a bit exposed down the left if you ask me

Rachubka

Dieng / Mellor

Jones Kelly

Winchester

JCH New Striker

Problem is the there's a holding midfielder and two others in front of him who probably won't go over the halfway line.

Problem is the there's a holding midfielder and two others in front of him who probably won't go over the halfway line.

I dont waste money on friendlies so are you saying that Jones & Kelly dont get forward or are you interpreting LJ's instructions to them?

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I dont waste money on friendlies so are you saying that Jones & Kelly dont get forward or are you interpreting LJ's instructions to them?

Both appeared to work in tandem, occasionally venturing forward.

To me Jones should play much higher, prompting and probing, as he has the skill to open defences, Kelly would be better employed as a ball winner.

Edited by BP1960