New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the other board......I really hope this is bull:censored:........

Posted by DOOMED on 2/5/2015, 12:59 am, in reply to "(no subject)" User logged in as DOOMED Yellow Card

Its not a big if mate, there were some big celebrations tonight in a certain pub, Oh and a certain reporter was there, Holden was told today he is almost certain to be given a 12 month rolling contract. AS the other applicants had put conditions in there application. It means I don't need to change my name for next season,

Darren Kelly a strong contender apparently. Current Sunderland youth coach...

Reading up on him, he reminds me a little of lee johnson. Bonus that's he's coaching already but would be massively underwhelmed by this!

Got all the coaching badges and, no doubt, performed a masterstroke with a power point in his interview. Reckon Corney has mugged the Chron off with all the talk of the only three in line being Yates, Ashworth and Folden...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

Wasn't reading Twitter when first to reveal Holden getting the job until end of the season on here, or that Mark Yates was on the short list, or the first to say Blitz was coming over a day or two before he did, or that Dowie really wanted the job and was instigating talks with the club...

But sorry. Don't worry I don't mind. I'll stop being a source tart :-)

Absolutely staggered if this appointment is true. Totally underwhelmed. Another season of a rookie manager learning the ropes with the only aim being to keep our head above the relegation zone. This guy has no playing pedigree, no managerial experience and limited coaching experience at youth level. How is that preperation for a managerial post in league 1? The club has no ambition under present ownership. Dowie or Rosler would of given us hope. None now.

Would kill off any of the optimism I've been feeling over the last week this. Corneys missing a trick here, he can appoint somebody half decent and give a further boost to season ticket sales.

I thought the new stand & sports direct sponsorship deal was to allow us to compete with the bigger clubs in the league?

I think I'd rather have Mark :censored:ing Yates.

Don't know what to make of this.

If it's Holden then I will struggle to raise the enthusiasm to get to games, simply don't think he is a Manager (great guy though)

If it's this Kelly chap then it's a pure gamble on him being another LJ.......there are a few precedents being set around the league and I'd rather give someone like him a chance than one of the dozens of journey men managers.........but, Dowie would get me excited for next season as there is a real sense of unfinished business.

I still don't understand why the club gave up on this season when the playoffs were attainable