New Manager thread.

Truth is the fans are being treated shabbily by the club. Lack of comment shows they don't really care. If the Chron can provide knowledge then you can be sure the Club has it as well.

What do you want, a press conference every time a conversation takes place?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind me what did Dowie achieve last time he was here and why hasn't he been in management for over 5 years now?.Been there done that no thanks !!

Better option than the other names mentioned.

Would sell season tickets and keep the buzz from the new stand going.

I tweeted @DarrenL68 who looks after Mark yates and asked him if his client was still in contention for the Oldham job. His response:

Don't believe so which should make the fans happy.

Edited by cav

He has however just followed up by saying he's hearing we are appointing a multiple Championship winning manager....!!!

I'm guessing that was sarcasm. Probably hinting at the fact the fans think that's what we are going to get.

My prediction:

Flattered to be linked

Great club

Not the right time

Other commitments

Holden's doing a great job

New stand means bright future for whoever gets the job

And so on.

These are my thoughts too...please Iain give us a positive right up in the paper so it looks like we tried.

Truth is the fans are being treated shabbily by the club. Lack of comment shows they don't really care. If the Chron can provide knowledge then you can be sure the Club has it as well.

I criticise the club for many things but have to wholeheartedly disagree with this. There's no real value in the club saying anything until a decision has been made and they're ready to unveil the new manager.

I criticise the club for many things but have to wholeheartedly disagree with this. There's no real value in the club saying anything until a decision has been made and they're ready to unveil the new manager.

Moreover they did communicate with the fans to say the appointment wouldn't be rushed.

It isn't being.

Does he want another statement saying it's still not being rushed?

Exactly. They said there was no rush and that Holden had the job til the end of the season.

It's not the end of the season yet so why people think the club should issue a statement whenever an internet rumour crops up is beyond me.

Exactly. They said there was no rush and that Holden had the job til the end of the season.

It's not the end of the season yet so why people think the club should issue a statement whenever an internet rumour crops up is beyond me.

The should be a further upgrade to the 100 Club package where members get to know the ins and outs of every ducks arse.

Back to the point - further tweet from Yates' agent regarding the tweet about us appointing a multiple Championship winning manager saying:-

@DarrenL68: I'm not on a wind up ! and far from bitter the chairman is a mate of mine, it's Business not personal. https://t.co/WhY8AFYrs4

How many Latvian championships does Ashworth have?!