New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highly unlikely he would do an interview prior to being unveiled...maybe we were close to an agreement but final details around budgets with Blitz present was still too far away from what Dowie wanted. Our attentions turn back to Yates and Holden...Dowie reveals a press story of being so close but so far but aimining to keep the optimism...could he take an advisor role?

Is there nobody else available other than them two then?

I'm just going off those rumoured, I can't believe how few names have actually been mentioned in the last 3 months.

Redfearn seems the least likely compared to Yates and Holden.

Agree with Dec in the sense that not many names have been mentioned have they? By names I means ones that are realistic... I don't mean Kuqi and Gattuso!

Us as fans have mentioned Dowie and Redfearn and the papers have named Yates/Ashworth/Holden... surely there's some more inspiring names or even more realistic?

maybe an announcement will be on the website tomorrow?, chron get the first chat with him?? - allows for people to plan re bank holiday weekend, boost to the attendance and buzz for season tickets, formal news conference next week???

really clutching at those straws with this theory...!

Edited by shefflatic

maybe an announcement will be on the website tomorrow morning, chron get the first chat with him, and a brief unveiling pitch-side on sunday - allows for people to plan re bank holiday weekend, boost to the attendance and buzz for season tickets, formal news conference next week???

really clutching at those straws with this theory...!

See my above post.

A mate is still adament its happening and has been for nearly 2 weeks. I cant see it now.

Still curious why the chron and Matt Chambers have been so quiet though. Not even a denial....

Edited by palmer1

Led to believe it's partly what you want to hear, it's certainly not Dowie being ruled out, but not as much (in print) as what previous HP drippings will have implied to some of you.

In fairness, from what HP has said - talks between Corney and Dowie still haven't actually taken place. HP claimed it's been happening with other directors and staff.

But let's see what's published, what the reaction is, and what happens....

Truth is the fans are being treated shabbily by the club. Lack of comment shows they don't really care. If the Chron can provide knowledge then you can be sure the Club has it as well.

The Chron are speaking to Dowie, hardly an exclusive that the official website could carry:

Dowie speaks: "I'm not coming"