New Manager thread.

Get a man in whose appointment going to sell an additional 500 season tickets bringing in extra revenue of around 140k, pay him 120k a year rather than appointing a rookie for 60k and then pocket the additional season ticket revenue. Not rocket science, is it?

It is if he's demanding an extra £300k on the playing budget. The firing of existing coaching staff and the appointment of his own back room team at a cost of a further £100k. For example.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your post is spot on Midsblue.

If all these possible names for next manager are correct I shall not be renewing my season ticket.

I have supported OAFC for 49 years, have held a season ticket for 30 years, sponsored Mike Milligans kit and Nick Henrys kit, worked UNPAID in my professional capacity for the club and still love the club. However I cannot cope with the emotional upset caused by a club devoid of ambition. Corney should realise that by appointing Dowie the season ticket sale would rise exponentially, giving more income to subsidise the extra Dowie requires. Bigger crowds would make the club more attractive to buy. I am not a fan who moans about SC because his management has ensured we are still a good club ( consider Tranmere and Stockport), however the new stand taps into an optimistic next few years but by appointing an untried manager all could be lost. Dowie exhibits the same love and enthusiasm as we fans feel. He would raise our profile in the media and hence our club "saleability" if that's what Corney wants.

The success of a business is often to invest at the right time and now is that time. If the new manager is a rookie he will either bring some success and be poached or will fail and blow away all this new enthusiasm.

I say give Dowie the job for 3 years. Simon please look outside the box and let your heart join the rest of us. If not I and many others will no longer be buying season tickets.

What if Corney did everything within his power to get Dowie (or Redfearn, Rosler, etc..) but they just didn't want it?

I'm not too sure there should be an over reaction to yet 'another' rumour. We are becoming a little like headless chickens.

I'm happy with Dowie being in the frame - until he's not.

I think we can surmise from the Chron article that he's not.

Your post is spot on Midsblue.

If all these possible names for next manager are correct I shall not be renewing my season ticket.

I have supported OAFC for 49 years, have held a season ticket for 30 years, sponsored Mike Milligans kit and Nick Henrys kit, worked UNPAID in my professional capacity for the club and still love the club. However I cannot cope with the emotional upset caused by a club devoid of ambition. Corney should realise that by appointing Dowie the season ticket sale would rise exponentially, giving more income to subsidise the extra Dowie requires. Bigger crowds would make the club more attractive to buy. I am not a fan who moans about SC because his management has ensured we are still a good club ( consider Tranmere and Stockport), however the new stand taps into an optimistic next few years but by appointing an untried manager all could be lost. Dowie exhibits the same love and enthusiasm as we fans feel. He would raise our profile in the media and hence our club "saleability" if that's what Corney wants.

The success of a business is often to invest at the right time and now is that time. If the new manager is a rookie he will either bring some success and be poached or will fail and blow away all this new enthusiasm.

I say give Dowie the job for 3 years. Simon please look outside the box and let your heart join the rest of us. If not I and many others will no longer be buying season tickets.

As O4U said it's up to you.

I'll renew my ST because I believe that putting money into the club upfront is the best way I can help.

Like you I've sponsored kit ,and been there for 55 years. And seen really bad times. But it's for life isn't it? Does the club lack ambition as you say it does? I think not otherwise the new stand wouldn't be almost ready. Would I like more ? Yes, but FFP has changed the playing field and until there is more cash coing in then it's difficult. In the meantime please reconsider, get your ST no matter who the manager is - give the club a boost.

Get a man in whose appointment going to sell an additional 500 season tickets bringing in extra revenue of around 140k, pay him 120k a year rather than appointing a rookie for 60k and then pocket the additional season ticket revenue. Not rocket science, is it?

Another Dowie connection!!

What if Corney did everything within his power to get Dowie (or Redfearn, Rosler, etc..) but they just didn't want it?

First step with regards to doing "everything within his power" to get Dowie, would be to actually speak to Dowie! Edited by OAFCKeepTheFaith

The concern about renewing my season ticket is a fear of yet again more insipid home performances orchestrated by managers worried about how to contain the opposition.If yet another coaching manual theorist is appointed I wont be renewing my season ticket,but will attend the early games to see how he goes on. If he produces exhilarating football as displayed by TPs youth team recently I will carry on paying at the gate.

I just scratch my head over our board and decisions made. The positivity around Dowie possibly returning is clear to see. It'll increase STs and keep momentum going. His passion, ambition and determination draws fans in

The concern about renewing my season ticket is a fear of yet again more insipid home performances orchestrated by managers worried about how to contain the opposition.If yet another coaching manual theorist is appointed I wont be renewing my season ticket,but will attend the early games to see how he goes on. If he produces exhilarating football as displayed by TPs youth team recently I will carry on paying at the gate.

Would you get an ST if Dowie was appointed?

I just scratch my head over our board and decisions made. The positivity around Dowie possibly returning is clear to see. It'll increase STs and keep momentum going. His passion, ambition and determination draws fans in

And when he loses 4 out of the first 5 games all that disappears.

Your name really is counter intuitive isn't it?

You dont have to be a season ticket holder to love the Latics Pete, in fact if you decide to pay at the gate for every match you are contributing more to the club's coffers.

For some not renewing their season tickets this is a chance they will take, paying more in the long run if the team does well.

Would you get an ST if Dowie was appointed?

Yes, as he's a man manager who I feel would give us more entertaining football at home and bring in strong minded players with the resolve to do well in this division.

As O4U said it's up to you.

I'll renew my ST because I believe that putting money into the club upfront is the best way I can help.

Like you I've sponsored kit ,and been there for 55 years. And seen really bad times. But it's for life isn't it? Does the club lack ambition as you say it does? I think not otherwise the new stand wouldn't be almost ready. Would I like more ? Yes, but FFP has changed the playing field and until there is more cash coing in then it's difficult. In the meantime please reconsider, get your ST no matter who the manager is - give the club a boost.

Does a point not come when it's better for the club in the long term for us to try and show them the error of their ways in the short term?