• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few MEN tweets suggesting Holden hasn't got the job

Hopefully he stays on as coach

https://twitter.com/menoafc/status/594068534893924352

https://twitter.com/menoafc/status/594068534893924352

I think he has earned that. And good for the club keeping him on. Johnson probably got this right when he said he'd amke a good manager some day, maybe not this time. (Washes mouth out with bleach)

Is it just me or is this taking a ridiculous amount of time to find someone?

New man needs to be in before the summer break surely to assess what is needed etv?

Yes and No, the new manager will have seen us play recently, they would have had to if the interviews have been taking place this week.

If you read the brilliant "Soccernomics" book, then the writers argue that to appoint the most important person at the football club, they don't take very long on average. One of the main exceptions was when Arsenal waited after firing Bruce Rioch to appoint their new manager, who was someone very few had heard of, but has done brilliantly for them over the last 15+ years.

Yes and No, the new manager will have seen us play recently, they would have had to if the interviews have been taking place this week.

If you read the brilliant "Soccernomics" book, then the writers argue that to appoint the most important person at the football club, they don't take very long on average. One of the main exceptions was when Arsenal waited after firing Bruce Rioch to appoint their new manager, who was someone very few had heard of, but has done brilliantly for them over the last 15+ years.

To be fair, even Arsenal fans are not unanimous that he has done "brilliantly", he hasn't won much.

Terry Butcher appointed to Newport County.

I know he would not be on our radar, though would not be suprised if he applied, but I would have thought he could do a job higher than that even if Scottish league is generally garbage.