Dean Holden in charge for foreseeable future

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean released as in we approached them...

And you believe he would have been allowed to leave without any compensation if he was of any importance to them?

Foreseeable sounds like at least until season end. If not he'd have said the time being or until a new manager is appointed or something along those lines.

The whole club is an absolute shambles.

Appointing successful caretakers never works. It's the lazy option. Obviously wish Holden and Lockwood the best of luck, but I'm not holden out much hope. We've slid since Holden has been aboard.

Need a new man to give us a bit of momentum. A temp coach just continues the downbeat lull of losing your popular manager.

Foreseeable future in this context does not mean the day after tomorrow or I would suggest next week or even April. A definition: as far into the future as you can imagine or plan for

Because I have a season ticket and a very bad habit I will be going to watch Preston on Saturday but possibly, after 25 years supporting this club, I ought to think again.

The club statement says immediate future. That's means Saturday.

Dean says foreseeable, that means until he hears differently.

What's the problem!? We need someone until we can get the right man. If we wins the next 3 the ones bitching will be head of the line to give him the job full time.

Thats a worry how often do you see cartaker managers win a few games everyone calls for them to get the job on a full time basis and it goes wrong. Good examples Steve Kean at Blackburn, Steve Wigley at Southampton.

And you believe he would have been allowed to leave without any compensation if he was of any importance to them?

Foreseeable sounds like at least until season end. If not he'd have said the time being or until a new manager is appointed or something along those lines.

The whole club is an absolute shambles.

How much did we get for Murray?

We should be looking at getting someone in immediately. Anyone external with a bit of pedigree. I'm not having this wages bollocks. We're 2 points out of the play-offs with a 3rd of the season left... There'd definitely be interest from someone. 2 defeats and it looks like we've given up.

Jeez....there's a lot of miserable bastards on here.

Yes, club statement said "immediate future".....Holden says "foreseeable" future....where the F*ck has "end of the season" come from?

I am confident that the club will have a mountain of CVs to deal and they will be put on the following piles:

1) Interview

2) Possible/maybe/never heard of him but he's got some good ideas

3) Barry Owen territory

4) Bin

5) Who wrote this piece of sh*t

6) Hilarious.....how many times has he been relegated!!!

Then interviews have to be set up and compensation possibly agreed.

And nobody outside of the club knows what's going on so get your head out of your arse and give Holden your support on Saturday!!!

Good luck Deano. I don't why people are having a pop. The only one to have a go at is that squeaky voiced two-faced southern dwarf. Leaving us at this stage of the season for a club lower down feels like a total betrayal, especially after the bollocks he's spouted over the last two years.

Get behind Deano!

I wouldn't read too much into "foreseeable future". It's a bullshít term. You can't see into the future.

That said I didn't think under Johnson we would be the one team out of ten to get that last playoff slot, our team just isn't good enough. I don't think we're under performing and need a flash jab in the arm to kick start things, a quick fire appointment isn't going to see us fly up the table.

If an interim manager until the end of the season gives us a better chance of getting the right man for the long term, then that's for the best. It might be frustrating that our season will now wimper out, but the options out there for a solution aren't as attractive as they will be in the summer.

Good luck to Dean, most fans will have his back come 3pm Saturday. There's just a lot of frustration and confusion at how this has all come about and some remarks have been made in a knee-jerk reaction to our manager walking out two thirds into the season for a club lower than us in the table.

Edited by PlayItLivo